My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok members, let's see some boats!.....and what are they?

I can start off with a picture of my 1985 Thompson Cutlass. We can ski/tube behind it but mostly we take it fishing for walleye, bluegills, and perch.

140 h.p I.O. Mercruiser, Lowrance HDS5, AM/FM/CD player. 8 Tite-Lok rod holders and a ship to shore radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
OK here is one that you won't see many of anymore. It is a 1959 Peterborough Avenger, a 16' cold molded mahogany plywood runabout. The trailer is a 1959 Tee Nee. The engine is not original but a 1966 Merc 500. The boat and trailer were restored last year but the motor remains untouched. We use it regularly for water skiing and tubing.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Even though she is undergoing open heart surgery right now, as seen in this thread, I hope to have her back up and running in the next few days, then a few days of waxing and cleaning off to the marina.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Sold my boat a few weeks ago, just didn't use it enough anymore! 6' X 15' "Sea Rider" by Godfrey. I bought it new & set it up myself for fishing small (250 acre & less) lakes. Started out using an 8HP Evinrude, later went to 54# (12V) trolling motor on the front & 82# (24V) troller on the back, both operable from the rear seat.

Attachments

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Started off with this one:

1993 Stingray 501ZP 16.5' with a 70 Horse Mercury Force 3Cyl 2 Stroke

Then moved up to this one:

2003 Stingray 230SX 23' with a Mercury 496 Magnum Big Block/Bravo1 combo (70MPH GPS)

Then moved up to this one:

2006 Four Winns 248 Vista 26' Express Cruiser with a Volvo EFI 350/Duo Prop combo.

Then sold it...

And glad I did :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
My parents and M&FIL both live on the same lake, I only wish it were big enough for that 230SX that thing is sweet!

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts
Haw about a Four Winns Marquise 180 getting moved around with a Case 648. Perfect harmony right there!

Attachments

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Brett, love the vista! How was it to tow and launch? Or did you have a slip for it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmm... It didnt show my pic in the first post, here it is again....
2008 Nitro Z7 w/ merc 150 (63mph on GPS), 70lb motor guide brute, dual lowrance HDS 5 Sonar units.

·
6,553 Posts
Brett, love the vista! How was it to tow and launch? Or did you have a slip for it?
I towed it with my 1500 Ram Rumblebee and it pulled it.. but hills were rough.... Launching was a 2 person job. When my Dad passed away I just couldn't handle it by myself that's why I sold it.

Friends don't understand how complicated it is, dealing with 7000lbs of hull.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts

·
6,553 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
thats quite a craft!! How about a little more info on it? What kind of keil does it have?
It's 30' and has a 5' fin keel, with nearly 5000 lbs lead ballast!

Hey, I love your O'D DS! Those are great boats. I hope you can get out more this season.

you guys do everything SLOW!
Brett, how would you like to race? The course will be out to Bermuda and back. :D

·
6,553 Posts
What am I going to race with? The Challenger doesn't float :)

1 - 20 of 270 Posts