My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up in a "free come and get it" offer today. I don't really need it, nor actually have a place for it. So, I did some google research and found them on eBay and CL for over $400. Of course, I don't know if anyone is actually paying for them at that price. But, I can be patient.

Special thanks to the MTF picture orientation randomizer.

Attachments

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,869 Posts
Nice grab Jere! Blue point is Snap On so I think you got a good deal.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still listed on this Snap-On site for a bargain $880:

https://shop.snapon.com/product/KRBC10TBPC

Not at all sure folks are actually paying that for them, nor even half that. But, I could make a pretty good deal on a gently used one to anyone interested.

·
5,515 Posts
https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage-organization/tool-storage/30-in-4-drawer-green-tech-cart-56392.html

There is no way I spend that type of money for a Blue Point cart when Harbor Freight has something similar a 4 drawer tool tech cart for $179.00 or if you feel you need more you can the 5 drawer for $229.00 and that is without coupons. The original post was a great deal as it was a freebie and if it needs some work it still money ahead.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage-organization/tool-storage/30-in-5-drawer-red-mechanics-cart-64059.html

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Jere39 you got a good deal
but now to find the right fish
id call it a tune up cart. one you roll around a lot

john

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think patience will be my best ally. And, in the interim, I'll just start using it. I am very careful when using tools, and tool boxes. I am not a pro, and as a retiree, I can take my time. I often wipe down, or blow off tools. So, this tool box will likely look just as pretty in 6 months as it does now. Like my Dad used to tell me - It isn't eating anything.

·
5,515 Posts
I think patience will be my best ally. And, in the interim, I'll just start using it. I am very careful when using tools, and tool boxes. I am not a pro, and as a retiree, I can take my time. I often wipe down, or blow off tools. So, this tool box will likely look just as pretty in 6 months as it does now. Like my Dad used to tell me - It isn't eating anything.
What to do is list that on CL and FaceBook Marketplace for $450.00 then expect to get a offer for $300.00-375.00. Those tech carts are used all over by mechanics. They load those up with frequently used tools and roll it over next to the vehicles they are working on. When I was working on vehicles I just kept my Waterloo 27" toolbox it was a 6 drawer with a 4 drawer top box nearby. I had all my tools in it and did everything out my main toolbox.

A lot of the reason is that toolboxes today have become massive and the mechanics now store just many tools that they need to just do anything. I was cheap mechanic and I made do with the cheapest box I could get and then have all my professional quality tools in it. My toolbox was packed tight with tools but I could quickly and efficiently get any tool I needed.

After I went into aircraft I left almost half my tools at home as I no longer needed metric sockets and wrenches and then I shadowed everything in my toolbox. I had a lot more space for the daily needed tools and I had plenty of room in my old toolbox. When I retired I took my toolbox home and quickly discovered that my old Waterloo and Craftsman toolboxes were overwhelmed by all the tools I had and I ended up buying a couple Harbor Freight 44" roller box with upper boxes and side boxes. I did buy one of those 30" carts from Harbor Freight that was a damaged open box. They sold it me where they could not open the drawers. I get it home remove 4 pop rivets for the locking slide at the back of the box and using a piece of wood and hammer tapped the slide up until I could open the drawers. It seems that the slide was installed crooked in the glide and just jammed in. I reassembled it with grease and it now works great. It only took 4 pop rivets to reinstall and my wife uses the cart for her laundry supplies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts