My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My neighbor, who used to own a rental shop, gave me a 1999 Bluebird 520 Overseeder when he retired and moved to Florida. Being that overseeding time is coming up, I'd like to try to renovate some of the decimated parts of my lawn from this past summer's heat wave(s). I looked at the instructions on the machine and also the manual and the Bluebird website, but I can't find any information on what the correct height/depth setting for the blades should be. I know it says when using the dethatcher blades to set the height so the blades just touch the ground when the machine is set on a level surface such as a walkway, but it makes no mention about what setting to use for the delta blades for overseeding. Anyone have any idea? I've never used one of these before. :thanku:

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
You want to have the blades penetrate the ground 1/4-1/2 inch. Blades on this machine wear very quickly and are a PIA to replace. BB sells a blade kit that includes new hardware, I suggest you use it, otherwise the next blade change will be even harder. You should resist the temptation to "loan" this to your neighbors also. It is an effective machine when everything is set up properly.

·
So little time.....
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks; I'll order the kit and get it fixed up before I attempt any overseeding this fall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts