My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:sidelaugh I can't help it, ole Steve the backseater passing out was downright funny, just lets me know thats not something I want to experience :biglaugh:, another great video, :thanku: for sharing Ken :).

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
that's wild. "Are you with me Steve?"

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
I could talk about this all day, but I wont, I will try to hold it to a short post.
About 15 years ago we had a air show her in Harrison. I owned a ford C-Cab ,Coke truck. So I was invited to participate in the show.
My pay was a back seat ride in a Yugoslavian vintage fighter jet.
First we dusted the air field, swoosh! went by like a bullet when your only a few feet off the pavement. The pilot took me about 20 mile away from the air port to Bull Shoals Lake.He wasnt supposed to do this but he let me take the controls, thats a stick in the floor. he had me do a couple 90;s left and right. He then offered to do some barrel rolls, sure ,heck yal.
He got some altitude, shot over and straight down to the water, then full back on the stick and I thought I was going out the bottom of the plane, straight up he ask are you ready , I said yes, wow , three barrel rolls. My mistake, I looked out the canopy, then barried my head between my knee's, I about lost it. then one more air field dusting. I loved it, one of the best experiences I ever had.
great vid. Ken , made my heart go pitter pat :thThumbsU

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could talk about this all day, but I wont, I will try to hold it to a short post.
About 15 years ago we had a air show her in Harrison. I owned a ford C-Cab ,Coke truck. So I was invited to participate in the show.
My pay was a back seat ride in a Yugoslavian vintage fighter jet.
First we dusted the air field, swoosh! went by like a bullet when your only a few feet off the pavement. The pilot took me about 20 mile away from the air port to Bull Shoals Lake.He wasnt supposed to do this but he let me take the controls, thats a stick in the floor. he had me do a couple 90;s left and right. He then offered to do some barrel rolls, sure ,heck yal.
He got some altitude, shot over and straight down to the water, then full back on the stick and I thought I was going out the bottom of the plane, straight up he ask are you ready , I said yes, wow , three barrel rolls. My mistake, I looked out the canopy, then barried my head between my knee's, I about lost it. then one more air field dusting. I loved it, one of the best experiences I ever had.
great vid. Ken , made my heart go pitter pat :thThumbsU
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

Great story Doc...:fing32:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wow, looks like it was fun, I have been in a spitfire, but would love to some day be able to jump in something that is capable of those speeds.

·
I have my bear skin
698 Posts
Maybe that is where Steve (John Deere Addict) ran off to! We have found him!!

Thanks Ken!! And Great story Doc,I remember my Mother turning green in a piper cub...:fing20:

Jd40

1 - 8 of 8 Posts