My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lot of flower beds and I am in the process of relandscaping the back yard. I had it all weeds and things cleared in one section and then my pinched nerves and heart were bothering me. I just got back to digging out more weeds and wam I hit the main sprinkler line with my army shovel. I can not use a little trowel for weeding. It takes too long and I bend and break everyone I use. I love the little fold out army shovels. I have been using them for years for everything. I drive the shovel in under the weeds to losen the roots and the weeds come out very easly. Well I drove the shove point right through the schedule 40 pvc pipe. I have over 60 pounds of pressure. More like 80 pound on that line. Well it blew dirt right up my nose, in my eyes and right into the left ear which I had surgery on not too long a go. I was coverd in mud from head to toe. Had to walk around the house to turn off the line. Then back to the back to strip down and go in and take a shower. I took a bulb suringe and kept washing dirt out of my ear. Now here I sit with an ear that feels like I am going to get another one of my killer ear infections. I had surgery on that ear last summer and it is still tender. I had sinus surgery last year and got out the plactic bottle to wash out my nose and sinus cavity. Did the dirt ever pour out of my nose. I tiped my head forward and more dirt ran out. Now I wounder how much dirt I have up in my head. I flushed until it was clear but **** one never knows. I just had eye surgery on both eyes the first part of the year and my eyes are now sore. All I can say is I am glad I was not sitting on the pipe. I am a crash dummy but this was over the top.:Stop: :Stop: :Stop: No more, I can' take it.:sidelaugh :sidelaugh You got to love stupid days like this.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,318 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to go back to bed and try again.

Hope that there is not any permanent damage, besides to your ego.

·
Citizen of Earth
16,337 Posts
Ouch! Sounds like a really bad day, and I hope all is well with you physically.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
Bad day has just started. I just sat down and my heart is in a-fib. I goes fast and stops, skips and generaly goes nuts. I have been off my medication for the heart because of side affects. I guess I am going to have Doc put me back on it. Ear huts like **** but I will be fine. I keep a fresh bottle of antibiotics on had if I need it. I called my doc and he said he would come over after he gets off at 5 pm. He lives at the beach and stays out here 3 days a week to work. He is 84 and was a WII vet. Great stories about the south pacific. He likes to do wood working and uses my shop once in a while. I guess that is one way to get a house call.

I can barely type because I nee surgery on the right arm and back. Heart going nuts, Asthma doing ok. Just glad I have great doctors. They are going to call this week and let me know when my next surgery is going to be. It was a rough morning. I was putting drywall mud on a closet in the grage and I fell off the stool before I broke the pipe. It is now humid and 103 degrees out. Think I will take the rest of the day off. Will fix the pipe tonight. I have it dug out already. My son should be home from work soon so I will have someone to look after me. Wife is gone back to Michigan and Indian to visit a couple of her children an the grand kids.

Stay safe and cool. I will sit here and rock. Just wish I could smoke a good cigar. Lungs won't let me. I can't drink. If I do it starts my heart racing. One **** of a fix. LOL

I am too old to be youg and too young to be old. One **** of a place when you can't do much. I had a road trip planed but can't go my hands go numb when driving. I can see me at the perly gates now trying to explain to ST Peter how I died. LOL

Have a great day you all and don't do anything I would not do. At least I don't put extention cords in the pool. LOL

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Well, my health is pretty good.... but I watered (finally needed to WATER!!!! YEAAAAAAY!!!) my flower beds today. As I broke down the hose sections I had forgotten to turn off the individual shut-off on one section. When I clicked back the connector the hose blew out and.... Well, a 3/4" thick stream of 45psi. water blew my Bailey right off my head and splashed off my glasses at the same time.:ROF:ROF Picture a soaking wet already half blind guy feeling around in the weeds for a pair of glasses while emitting "picturesque language" and afraid to move my feet... At least I didn't get dirt in MY ear!:D From what I can figure, no one saw my episode so don't say anything...!:)

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Your days could have been much worse!

Whenever somebody asks me how I'm doing, my standard salutation is....."I'm up, and I'm dressed".

Being "up" and "not dressed' could present a problem, depending on where you are, at this particular time.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What haven't you had operated on? I think you need to be in bed.[/QUOT

I have had 7 surgeries in the past 2 1/2 years. I have had many in the past. I had 12 years of ear infections. They got so bad they went in and cleaned it out. Before that I had sinus surgery and that has helped a lot. I got a little more done today. Came in after dark with the police helicopter making circles 2 blocks over. Another break in which is common here in California.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, my health is pretty good.... but I watered (finally needed to WATER!!!! YEAAAAAAY!!!) my flower beds today. As I broke down the hose sections I had forgotten to turn off the individual shut-off on one section. When I clicked back the connector the hose blew out and.... Well, a 3/4" thick stream of 45psi. water blew my Bailey right off my head and splashed off my glasses at the same time.:ROF:ROF Picture a soaking wet already half blind guy feeling around in the weeds for a pair of glasses while emitting "picturesque language" and afraid to move my feet... At least I didn't get dirt in MY ear!:D From what I can figure, no one saw my episode so don't say anything...!:)

I feel your pain. Hope you found your glasses. We need to mark bad days on the calander and see if they come up every year. LOL I have so many I would run out of space. My hands are so bad I drop things every day. Most of the time it is in the kitchen. Eggs, glass jars. instant rice. For the rice I had to move the stove and refer. What a mess. LOL Hope tomorrow is better for you

·
{This Space Available}
1,548 Posts
Now I wounder how much dirt I have up in my head.
Don't worry.....I have lived most of my life that way just fine! :sidelaugh :sidelaugh :sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
We need to mark bad days on the calander and see if they come up every year.

Funny you should say that, I've offen thought the same thing. I had a string of oil spills, 4years long on Earth Day! Not work related just random problems, one year I blew a front Ujoint and stuffed my drive shaft thru my engine at about 30 mph. The first time it was funny, "geeze what a way to celebrate earth day". The second time it was weird, after the third time I learned to keep a bucket of speedy dry with me on Earth Day!

Best wishes for your eyes, ears, and other health issues! Ed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts