My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over and can't find a master tire size list for Bridgestone Blizzak tires. Especially what is the shortest in height version they sell? I have been all over the Bridgestone sight and can't find a master list.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
yep, also country of origin. Also there are a few diffrent varaitions of Blizzaks. My mom ran the WS-50's for years, there are 2 others IIRC, but I can't remember what they are

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last I checked BF Goodrich has an easily found list of all the sizes of the BFG All Terrain T/A tire you can buy. I have owned several sets of them. They are a great tire.

·
OMG I got another LawnBoy
1,178 Posts
Using the criteria "shortest height" is the problem here. A 215-60-15 will have 215 mm section width, 60% of 215 is the "aspect ratio" and is the distance (more or less) from the ground to the rim. This ratio is measured as a percentage of the width. So...if you are looking for a tire height, there are many variables. Redefine your question...what width tire can your car accept? What size rim? What do you have now (most important), and what is your goal.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called a dealer. Smallest Blizzak tire is 175-65-14 which is just a hair under 23" tall,,, the same height as the rear tires on many garden tractors. All a person needs is a 14" Ranger wheel and it should bolt up to 5 bolt rear hubs if the offset doesn't make the tire hit anything.

·
Super Moderator
31,963 Posts
OK, so what is the use for, and why Blizzak?? You can get these, what are are tick smaller, and a little cheaper, IMHO a better all around tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...86SR4FWF&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I have used these on all my cars, and am sold on them. GREAT ice and snow traction, and after the first few seasons, they loose a little ice grip, but still do well on snow and wear like iron!!! Ive had well over 40k on a set that Ive run all year long.

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts

·
Loving Life :-)
4,007 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Blizzaks are better than Winterforce. I have ran both, but if your running it on a tractor, winterforce is what I would run

1 - 13 of 13 Posts