My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 LTX 1045 with very low hours. I last used the mower one week ago. Now when attempting to start they is no action or sound of any kind and the battery light blinks. I charged all night with trickle charger and the charger indicated a full charge this morning. Tried again to start and got the same reaction.

Any help here?

:thanku:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Take the battery out and have it checked at an auto parts store for free. A trickle charger is for long term storage and overnight charge is not going to happen with that unit. You need a true battery charger to charge it over night.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take the battery out and have it checked at an auto parts store for free. A trickle charger is for long term storage and overnight charge is not going to happen with that unit. You need a true battery charger to charge it over night.
Maybe I misspoke when I said Trickle Charger. I have a Sears DieHard 12V battery charger & engine starter. It has two battery type options Standard & AMG and three voltage options, 2 amp, 10 amp and engine start. I selected AMG and 2 amp.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check the connections to the battery and any other ground it might have. I am not sure it does, only had mine for a year. I know my Vmax has a couple other ground points....just a thought. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Put the charger back on the installed battery and set the charger to start. Then try to start the engine, if it doesn't turn over with ease you may have bad connections on the battery posts or anything beyond. You will need to clean them and after each connection is cleaned try to start it again. This tells you if you found the problem, where if you clean everything and it starts at what point was your problem? If the engine started from the first step then the battery is probably junk, it didn't take a charge so replace it. The more CCA's the battery has the better. So long as it physically fits your mower your fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put the charger back on the installed battery and set the charger to start. Then try to start the engine, if it doesn't turn over with ease you may have bad connections on the battery posts or anything beyond. You will need to clean them and after each connection is cleaned try to start it again. This tells you if you found the problem, where if you clean everything and it starts at what point was your problem? If the engine started from the first step then the battery is probably junk, it didn't take a charge so replace it. The more CCA's the battery has the better. So long as it physically fits your mower your fine.
Thank you, I will try all of what you have said. Today it is raining and is supposed to be for several days. As soon as it dries up I will give er a go.
:thanku:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts