My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a big hole in my rear axle the other day, don't know when it happened but today I lost low gear. It's a 446, my serial is in my profile...

Anyone know if the 200 series rear is the same and will bolt in? I see those all over for sale...

Richard

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
So I found a big hole in my rear axle the other day, don't know when it happened but today I lost low gear. It's a 446, my serial is in my profile...

Anyone know if the 200 series rear is the same and will bolt in? I see those all over for sale...

Richard
Yes, the basic trans axle is the same, but you need to use your axles and drive motor.

Before you put it in, though, You should, at a minumum, torque the four bolts in the cluster, and it is highly recommended that a short bead of weld be put on where the two halves meet. This will keep the cluster from coming apart and wiping out another case.

If you would like more information, I suggest you sign in at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/casegardentractors/
And do a search for "trans axle bolts."

Excellent source for any Case/Ingersoll owner! Information is unlimited, as is the available help.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rol... So I can use the guts and just swap my axles? Does that include using the new units shift assembly? Of all the work I have done on these, I never had a rear apart...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I picked up a used transaxle from our great member shenninger, and an Ingersoll 448 while on the journey! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well I picked up a used transaxle from our great member shenninger, and an Ingersoll 448 while on the journey! Thanks guys!
If I had known you were close to Scott, I would have refered you! Great, two members come out ahead!

·
Recycler
276 Posts
It was a pleasure.:thThumbsU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts