My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. There have been some members who either built or bought a 4 wheeled caster roller that they used to move their scrape blade/scoop bucket/snow blower on.

However, in doing a search, I didn't find what I was looking for. It's possible my search criteria was incorrect.

Here's what I'm looking for: materials needed to construct, and also ball park dimensions of the boards, including the caster rollers. I'm sure these are common things that can be picked up at Lowes, etc.

I have both a JB Jr, and a JD 54" scrape blade. I want to be able to dismount one and mount the other without killing myself moving one out of the way.

I do have concrete floors to roll the jig around on, so I'm set there.

Any help out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not sure if I'd bother building one- they are so cheap at Harbor Freight. There's a few styles- but I bought the wood ones so that I could modify them with extra lumber if I needed to. So far I have added one chunk of 2x4 on the blade dolly so that the frame is held up higher- works nice. All I have to do is get the lower pivot pins in place- then I use the hydraulics to pivot the spring pins in to place and away we go!!

Here's what I bought (I have one for the snowblower too- sure makes it easy to move it around the garage- no mods on it yet though- that may happen now that winter is closer though)

http://www.harborfreight.com/movers-dolly-39757.html

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I bought mine already built at Menard's that has a 1000 lb. capacity.

Unless your thinking of building a custom made one, look at places like Lowe's, Home depot, or Menard's etc. etc.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I use a HF mover's dolly. They rock and are SUPER cheap.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'll check out Lowes and see what they have. I live outside a small town, so the pickings are slim.

That's why I thought about making one myself.

·
Super Moderator
33,779 Posts
Rich, tractor supply should have the heavy duty casters if you want to make your own.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi folks. There have been some members who either built or bought a 4 wheeled caster roller that they used to move their scrape blade/scoop bucket/snow blower on.

However, in doing a search, I didn't find what I was looking for. It's possible my search criteria was incorrect.

Here's what I'm looking for: materials needed to construct, and also ball park dimensions of the boards, including the caster rollers. I'm sure these are common things that can be picked up at Lowes, etc.

I have both a JB Jr, and a JD 54" scrape blade. I want to be able to dismount one and mount the other without killing myself moving one out of the way.

I do have concrete floors to roll the jig around on, so I'm set there.

Any help out there?

Thanks!
Hi,
I got the 1000 pound mover's dollies at harbor freight for 9.99 a piece. Used them to move a 10x12 shed recently so the driveway could be sealed so the should easily handle the weight of a blade.
Todd

·
Registered
483 Posts
Harbor Freight ships, they are online... these were just on sale too, dunno if they still are. I just bought another one for use with my snowblower. The other is mounted under my varsol parts washing tank! The uses are endless...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not sure if I'd bother building one- they are so cheap at Harbor Freight. There's a few styles- but I bought the wood ones so that I could modify them with extra lumber if I needed to. So far I have added one chunk of 2x4 on the blade dolly so that the frame is held up higher- works nice. All I have to do is get the lower pivot pins in place- then I use the hydraulics to pivot the spring pins in to place and away we go!!

Here's what I bought (I have one for the snowblower too- sure makes it easy to move it around the garage- no mods on it yet though- that may happen now that winter is closer though)

http://www.harborfreight.com/movers-dolly-39757.html
Agree, a HF dolly is what I use for my snow blade to store and roll around the shop. :trink39:

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
That is what I was going to do, then I found that a furniture moving cart is $19.99 and will hold 600 lbs. The same size casters were $9.99 each at Northern tools (without bolts). It would have cost me over $50 to build something, so I bought the furniture movers instead. Glad I did. In case you haven't seen it, here is a link to my video showing how I use them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/royrector#p/a/u/1/hmxBw3uJHq4

BTW, Home Depot sales the same carts for $19.99 (at least in this area).

·
Registered
3,889 Posts

Here's a closeup of the little jig I made for hauling the snowblower. I
welded the chain right to the metal bar and when I pick it up, it's a
straight lift. It isn't pulling on the outsides of the blower.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
NICE!

I wish I had a snowblower like that...........LOL.............just yank'en your chain.
(no pun intended).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts