My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a ht20. The cylinder on the blade that angles it needs rebuilt. How do you get it apart ? See a snap ring but how do you get it out ? Do you drive the end of cylinder in? Thanks

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
I am pretty sure you turn it out, the chrome shaft should turn out. That is how the cylinders on my Johnson loader are like and then the cylinder on my power angle plow looks identical. I would probably try that.

·
22,338 Posts
Remove the hydraulic fitting from that end of the cylinder and pull the rod out. If that doesnt work, a bit of compressed air in the other fitting should pop the whole thing out.

Exercise caution! The more air pressure involved, the more force the piston will have when it leaves the barrel.

There will be an oil spill to cleanup on aisle 7.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Remove the snap ring, buy a pair of heavy duty snap ring pliyers with interchangeable ends. Clamp the cylinder in a vise, not on the tube as you will bend it. Put a bolt through the clevis holes and clamp the bolt. Pull on the rod until it pops out. If there is rust on the first inch inside the tube it will be difficult. Put towels over the fittings because oil will be ejected when you pull.
It is an easy process if you have the snap ring pliyers. You may have to push the rod in and pull hard like a battering ram to get the rod out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts