My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Citizen of Earth
15,834 Posts
Looks like it is ok in loose loamy soil. I don't think it would work in the rocky clay I am cursed with.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you dont have a large area,it works great! I have one,with a weedeater,sawzall,drill and worklight all on same batteries and chargers.The soil I use it on at the coast is fairly loose,and it works great for tilling small reseed patches.UDUNGUD!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joe,
my soil is pretty loose,and only small rocks.

biguugly,
My garden's only about 25' X 30'... I'll only be using it for cultivating weeds; so I should be alright.

Thanks for the input guys ! So it seems like I did " DUNGUD " *Whew !

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it was delivered yesterday afternoon. I spent a long time fighting with the spring clips, trying to get them all the way through like thay say in the instructions. Then I noticed that these clips look different than the ones in the parts diagram. I went online and looked too, so i could zoom in on them. They ARE different! The end loop is so rounded that it's impossible to get them through the shaft. I'm going to the hardware store in a little while and get regular spring clips. I bought a reconditioned one, so I think they goofed on the clips.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Do you mean the hairpin clips? I'd just put in regular cotter pins. I don't think the blades need to be removed often unless you get long weeds or roots wrapped around the shafts.

I have a personal hate on for hairpin clips and change them out to lynchpins but in this case you might not find any small enough.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I couldn't find anything that small, LLigetfa. I picked up a couple of ordinary clip pins and they seem to be working just fine. I tell ya, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well this cultivator works ! A lot easier and quicker than using the Craftsman rototiller just for weeding. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
473 Posts
Let us know how you like it. I have a B&D electric edger. I don't like it but it works. Not as well as thier old models. I would have gotten a little wonder but they no long make them. Hope you have good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RStocker, I've used it on a few rows in the veggie garden ( I only do a little at a time due to C.O.P. D. ) and I think it works GREAT !! I was very pleasantly surprised.NO, make that amazed !! The weather hasn't been favorable for me to do much, what with all the humidity,but I should be able to go out later on and do some more today. Really, I think it's worth every penny. Light, easy to handle, and no need to use the Craftsman rototiller. I'm looking forward to using it later on.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OH, I hope I didn't mislead anyone. I use this only for cultivating,ie getting rid of weeds and doing bare spots in the lawn. It doesn't replace a regular rototiller. ( Although I think it could in raised beds )

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I just got the 18v scrubber for fathers day. It has three extensions so that you can scrub siding on your house, cars, trucks, campers... you name it. I really like it. I did our mobile home and it scrubbed the green algae that we are cursed with right off of it in no time. I also have a leaf blower, hedge trimmer, and weedeater... but they are made by WORX. I love all of these so far.

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts