My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some bikes I've owned....Still have the black Fat Boy in the bottom pic. I don't have room to put them all on here. Probably my favorite is the black Sportster with the L.A. Choppers "Outlaw" handlebars. That bike was just FUN!! Had to let her go because if any of you have owned Sportsters you'll understand what the can do to old bones trying to make a long run. So now I stick with the fat Boy and I can go the distance as long as I put the soft seat back on. Back in the day (first pic) I had another Sportster that was pretty cantankerous. (AMF days) Still, it was a fun scoot too. Very first bike I remember owning was a Yamaha 2 stroke 350cc something or other. I was 13 and I had to push it and jump on and pop the clutch. I had to get rid of my 77 FL shovel last year. Kick only and that doesn't mix well with torn cartileges. Have had Hondas, Kaws, other Yamahas but always seem to go back to Harleys. I'm not into multi carb speed demons. Speed kills so I stick with the heavy Hogs. LOL
Joe

Attachments

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Nice looking bikes Joe, something I've never had, but always wanted, :thanku: for sharing the pics with us :).

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankee for the compliments Jim.
I tell ya they can be real dangerous. My BIL who has been riding for forty years was killed on his bike about 1 1/2 yrs ago. His fault. Last incident I was in was just one year ago. Sitting at a T intersection waiting for traffic to clear so I can turn right. Car plows right into me and knocked me off my bike and trashed the rear end of my scoot. When I'm on my bike I just pretend that I'm invisible. Best defense going.
If ya really are considering getting a scoot don't buy anything less than a 650cc because you will be sellin' or trading it within a month or two. Take the motorcycle safety course that is offered by the AMA. It is well worth it.
If ya are REALLY interested I know where there is a shweet Yamaha 650 V Star Classic that has about 1400 miles on it and she'll take just about ANY offer. She really wants to get out from under it. They're nice bikes too.
Joe

·
Joe
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Two pics of my old Shovel and two more pics of my Fat Boy. It started life in the white paint. What I guess I'm sayin' is the top two pics are the same bike. I have another set of tins waiting for me to make up my mind as to what color I want it to be next. Remember, this bike is wrecked from being hit last year. I can still ride it after redoing the back end. It still has bent up fender and busted tail light on it. What the heck, It still goes so I'm not in any big hurry to repair it while riding season is with us. I'll wait and make it a winter project.
That old Shovel is pretty much original. Dude that bought it painted it .........Orange and black. Wonder where he dreamed up those two colors for a Harley?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts