My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Thanks UT!
Nice DEERE BTW!

Here is a pick of the BTR with the weight bracket it is connected to the BTR it's a weight hanging bracket that mounts to the 3pt riser.

The BIGTOOLRACK LD light duty will have the same concept and attaching features less weight and less money. It will sit inside the tires not to extent out for the reasons you brought up.

Thanks again I am happy to be a supporter of MTF!:thThumbsU

That is a nice way to get some ballast on board as well.:thThumbsU

I'll look forward to seeing the BTR LD in the future!:thanku:

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,240 Posts
OK guys.. I know that I'm not a professional at rating products like the company with name of Consumer Reports... maybe u could contact them for a professional rating.. I'm sure they will give u all the 'pro's & con's

I will say tho that for a tool hauling thing when out & about ur property durin the different seasons of the year.. it may have some good use..

now if u look at the Ronam Numerals... a 'C' is not a ten spot..

I do love to shoot from the hip... seen it done in many a western movie... lol.. shootin from the hip verbly does get attention to a product & lotta comments from others.. by putting in the 2... I thought it would add more to ur sales..

when I made that comment last night my eyes were a lil sleepy & I did not notice that u were the company owner or was a site supporter here..

I look at it this way.. the bigger the machines cost higher $$ than the GT's that 95% of the guys here have or want to have.. most have just the LT models.. so with just 5%.. (maybe 10%) havin.. a bigger machine like a JD 455 or bigger

now the lower 95% here.. the GT & LT guys here appeal to the lower cost stuff.. I myself am one of them..

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
OK guys.. I know that I'm not a professional at rating products like the company with name of Consumer Reports... maybe u could contact them for a professional rating.. I'm sure they will give u all the 'pro's & con's

I will say tho that for a tool hauling thing when out & about ur property durin the different seasons of the year.. it may have some good use..

now if u look at the Ronam Numerals... a 'C' is not a ten spot..

I do love to shoot from the hip... seen it done in many a western movie... lol.. shootin from the hip verbly does get attention to a product & lotta comments from others.. by putting in the 2... I thought it would add more to ur sales..

when I made that comment last night my eyes were a lil sleepy & I did not notice that u were the company owner or was a site supporter here..

I look at it this way.. the bigger the machines cost higher $$ than the GT's that 95% of the guys here have or want to have.. most have just the LT models.. so with just 5%.. (maybe 10%) havin.. a bigger machine like a JD 455 or bigger

now the lower 95% here.. the GT & LT guys here appeal to the lower cost stuff.. I myself am one of them..
If this is a attempt to apologize, you didn't succeed. You need to come right out and say you are sorry. I am "shooting from the Hip" and my Gun is bigger!!
So show Tim we are a Friendly Forum!

·
We're all friends here
14,196 Posts
Tim, you have a very versatile and good looking product there. I like the fact that it is made in the USA. After seeing it attached to your JD, it looks a bit large for my little SCUT, but I do like it! Best of luck with your sales. :)

C'mon Whirly! You can do better than that!

·
aceman
337 Posts
WELL like this tool box as an owner of scut and a 445 thinking its very useful and handy like the size of it too ,for my use I will be making one because ,one I can ,two Canadian makes out reach ,dollar or shipping nobody fault that the way it is ,I can see different version of this tool box (size) for different size of tractor great hindsight if that is complement ,can see this on the one series as being a tool to have or almost a must for gardener or myself land clean up ,I have to say that my 445 is no were close to being handy as to the 1023e ,with that said you market should be to target the CUT and SCUT could see a smaller version for the 445 and 700 that is mounted without the 3 point to keep cost down thinking this was done before ,but with the quick hitch boy this could make a lot fun to used on tractor without loader and more fun with loader ,any weigh box that more then a weigh box is sure welcome thanks

·
15,240 Posts
Whoa Tim!

Welcome to MTF. This is a friendly place and we have many member/advertisers who do just fine here by making themselves available to answer product-related questions.

But you will need thicker skin as a businessman, and will need to learn how to navigate through the inevitable criticism of your product without calling people out in a bitter, denigrating, or confrontational way. If you can't do that, you might be better off limiting your internet presence.

Spend some time studying how others address negative feedback about their products. You'll find that successful businesses take the criticism in stride and try to turn their reply into a positive statement about their product or customer service rather than bashing the messenger. It's Customer Relations 101 in the internet age. :fing32:

Personally, I find the Big Tool Rack interesting, but oversized for anything smaller than a SCUT, with the curent sizing probably best suited for a CUT. You might consider offering a downsized and downpriced verson for GTs (Garden Tractors), that would have mount points to accomodate both a Cat 0 and Cat 1 Ltd 3PH.

Another feature that would be useful would be the ability to mount suitcase weights on the lower forward end of the tool rack, so that users can also retain ballast with a low CG.

Good luck to you!
I'm gonna start by usin a quote.. which has some good points in it.. all the posts since mine & the quote has brought out some good points.. this was my first thought last night.. even tho to some it sounded bad..

what did come out later is a NEW model is in the works for smaller tractors.. & the fact that weights can b added..

the impression I got from the pics with firewood haulin in it was kinda bad.. most guys want to haul a lotta wood in one trip.. what I saw was maybe about 6 good sized arm loads in the pics.. my thought was Y not use a trailer that cost about a 'C' note.. as most guys do it that way..

ya.. if I had a unit like this.. or similar. I would prolly still have a trailer to haul fire wood... reason to that is I wouldn't wanna have a nice unit get destroyed by the firewood.. I do sell firewood from trees that I cut down.. that wood is stored in an area where only a GT can get too.. any tractor that is bigger will not get thro the narrow entry.. nor will my 6 x 8 trailer behind the pick-up truck.. I've had that trailer behind my GT rated RER (a JD R-72 which I highly modded) & gotten it back there a couple of times..

I also don't see any bad reviews that require an apology to them.. I mainly hit upon the cost of the unit.. my comments did get a lotta replies.. good & bad..

I own a lotta tractors that I'm restoring.. I have retired them from doin any work.. I just want them to look pretty in a showroom or at a show.. if I owned a unit like this.. I might even take it to a show.. at least I wouldn't have to restore it...

·
15,240 Posts
OK... BIGTOOLRACK:.. toss this idea around in ur mind..

u could offer a smaller compact model with the parts u already have on hand..

try takin 4 end pieces & usin them for a square unit ... this would prolly fit better on any GT tractor..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Tim, you have a very versatile and good looking product there. I like the fact that it is made in the USA. After seeing it attached to your JD, it looks a bit large for my little SCUT, but I do like it! Best of luck with your sales. :)

C'mon Whirly! You can do better than that!
Thanks APinNY! I just sold a unit to a customer in Vancouver looks about the same size as yours. I have several customers with X series tractors that have them and love them give them the cargo space they need for yard work and gardening. I have attached some pics so you can check it out.

Have a great weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
WELL like this tool box as an owner of scut and a 445 thinking its very useful and handy like the size of it too ,for my use I will be making one because ,one I can ,two Canadian makes out reach ,dollar or shipping nobody fault that the way it is ,I can see different version of this tool box (size) for different size of tractor great hindsight if that is complement ,can see this on the one series as being a tool to have or almost a must for gardener or myself land clean up ,I have to say that my 445 is no were close to being handy as to the 1023e ,with that said you market should be to target the CUT and SCUT could see a smaller version for the 445 and 700 that is mounted without the 3 point to keep cost down thinking this was done before ,but with the quick hitch boy this could make a lot fun to used on tractor without loader and more fun with loader ,any weigh box that more then a weigh box is sure welcome thanks
frank st amand

I had a 445 what a great machine! I do agree with your saying *if you fail once that ok but twice get a beer* Cheers... Have a great weekend!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Thanks for the pics. :thanku:

It doesn't look too big on the back of the X7..or the Kubota.

What is the width of the unit?
Looks like the Base and Pro models are the same size....
Large Cargo Area Length: 47½" Width: 27½" Height: 47"
Bed Inside Dimensions Length 45 Width 25¼" Bed Depth: 14"
Bed is Heavy Duty 13 Gauge Steel Construction
Powder Coat Finish
2" Male Tube to connect to your tractor
2" Female Receiver to tow a trailer once attached *ball and insert not included*
Active Tail Gate with cables that can be easily removed
3PT Hitch Kit *I-match compatible*
2 tool holders with rubber straps
1-4 Hole Hand Tool Holder
2 storage bins
2 drop down lumber carriers
Deluxe Wheel Caddie Kit adjusts up and down attaches and detaches without tools

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Looks like the Base and Pro models are the same size....
Large Cargo Area Length: 47½" Width: 27½" Height: 47"
Bed Inside Dimensions Length 45 Width 25¼" Bed Depth: 14"
Bed is Heavy Duty 13 Gauge Steel Construction
Powder Coat Finish
2" Male Tube to connect to your tractor
2" Female Receiver to tow a trailer once attached *ball and insert not included*
Active Tail Gate with cables that can be easily removed
3PT Hitch Kit *I-match compatible*
2 tool holders with rubber straps
1-4 Hole Hand Tool Holder
2 storage bins
2 drop down lumber carriers
Deluxe Wheel Caddie Kit adjusts up and down attaches and detaches without tools
Here are a few more on an X728. I have sold the BIGTOOLRACK to folks with garden tractors as well as tractors all the way up to 60HP. You check out my gallery page on my site it shows most of them.

Have a great weekend!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Wow, that would have been sweet when I was doing land maintenance as a kid "many moons ago", It has space for every tool I needed to have with me and ended up making extra trips for!

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Looks like a nice design. I could use one for sure. I've been making do with a cargo carrier that i put a hitch on but yours would carry alot more implements and I'm sure is capable of hauling heavier loads. Guess I'll have to start another piggy bank and save my change.

Attachments

·
All-around nice guy
1,312 Posts
Welcome to MTF.

Tim, you've got a great product there. Looks like you've got it together.
I could use one at my place. Guess I'll have to save up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Welcome to MTF.

Tim, you've got a great product there. Looks like you've got it together.
I could use one at my place. Guess I'll have to save up.
Thanks Blackfoot1! Let me know when your ready. I will take care of my MTF friends I do get fair units and demos sometimes that I can offer a special deal on but they usually go very fast...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Looks like a nice design. I could use one for sure. I've been making do with a cargo carrier that i put a hitch on but yours would carry alot more implements and I'm sure is capable of hauling heavier loads. Guess I'll have to start another piggy bank and save my change.
KWDAILYD How do you like that x729? I always wanted to try one of those.... I went for a zero turn but to me your machine seems like the best of both worlds!

·
Premium Member
3,802 Posts
Very nice,and like that its made in the USA.If you were able to add to it in the future maybe a hydro dump option kinda like the kubota RTV. The price I feel is very fair,you get what you pay for.If someone can design,engineer,market,produce,and go through the legal bull cheep, then that's just what it would be.You should be proud of your product and the good comments will out way the negative.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Very nice,and like that its made in the USA.If you were able to add to it in the future maybe a hydro dump option kinda like the kubota RTV. The price I feel is very fair,you get what you pay for.If someone can design,engineer,market,produce,and go through the legal bull cheep, then that's just what it would be.You should be proud of your product and the good comments will out way the negative.
TJR345

Thank you I appreciate that!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts