My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

It's 3 degrees here in Connecticut this morning. I have my John Deere 2520 all set up and ready for the winter snow to come. Thought I would share this pick doing a firewood run. Even though my bucket loader is off my tractor I still have the ability to move and store my firewood in my BIGTOOLRACK. It just makes sense.... Attaching the BIGTOOLRACK is like adding a mini pick up truck bed to your tractor. I can also take the unit off and roll it near my house and use it as a firewood cart until it is empty, then hook it back up and load it up again....

:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to MTF Tim.:MTF_wel:

The BIGTOOLRACK is a great idea!!!! :thThumbsU
Thanks Mike!!! I really appreciate that, I have spent a lot of time on this and continue to add things to make it better each day. It really is a very functional piece of equipment that turns every tractor into a truck and more made of very high quality....

:thanku:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Looks like a very nice piece of equipment. I hope you do well with them.

:Welcome1:

Welcome to the forum Tim. Great to have you with us.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,240 Posts
wow.. at the price I saw of 1499.00 for one... I'll pass.. build my own for less than a 'C' note.. with roller legs on it too.. that accessory is costin 199.00 I see... my wallet is not a gold mine...

what has me wonderin.. where do u put all the 'tools' that u store on it while it is loaded with firewood..??

OOHHH... I get it now... ya must have 2 of them...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow.. at the price I saw of 1499.00 for one... I'll pass.. build my own for less than a 'C' note.. with roller legs on it too.. that accessory is costin 199.00 I see... my wallet is not a gold mine...

what has me wonderin.. where do u put all the 'tools' that u store on it while it is loaded with firewood..??

OOHHH... I get it now... ya must have 2 of them...
Wow!!
Whirly
I was not going to reply to this and I was going to just let it go but since I am a new business and you decided to publicly call my company out that you think my product is expensive, as well as suggest that you have to buy two to store the tools because you could not figure it out…. tells me that you are just shooting from the hip and you comment on something without buying one and giving it a true evaluation…..That said I think I need to reply to your negative comments…..
I have to laugh at your comment “OOHHH... I get it now... ya must have 2 of them...”
Well that really tells me you just like to bash other peoples products, inventions, and ideas, you obviously did not take a close look at my product. If you did you would see that all of the tools are held by holders on the outer side of the rack so you have the cargo area totally free. So yes I did think of that this whole idea was started based on one of my needs to move firewood, I personally burn over 10 cords a year.
I must say I thought MTF was a friendly forum and did not have folks like this, and I must say I am not trying to rip anyone off in fact I am offering a great product at a fair price. The fact of that matter is if my product was less than a “C” note as you call it you probably still would not buy one anyway…..
My product is not a cheaply made product, I spent almost two years working on design with my team to develop it, and we are still making it better each day, we are never loosing site on the ultimate goal to build a quality product that lasts and that I would want for myself at a fair price. I am must say it is 100% made in the USA and I am very proud of that! LET’S KEEP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WORKING for those of us that still care. I am sick of the overseas garbage that is shipped into this country that you have to throw out that does not last! My product is highly engineered it is not a simple piece of equipment and if decided to purchase one you would understand. I guess what I would tell you is think about what any good quality attachment would cost then compare my rack.
My rack turns your tractor into a pickup truck that allows you to securely carry your tools and tow a trailer when attached. It's also power coated that cost alone is almost $175 per rack. If you factor in the 10% coupon takes $150 off of the rack price brings it to $1350 that I am offering MTF customers and the free shipping….. believe me there is a cost for this the carriers don’t really ship my racks for FREE….. With all of that it nets it down to under 1200…. Those are all real costs not to mention free assembly. I have to pay someone to do that also but it is part of this promo….. So what are you left with in the end?
I do understand that there are people out there you being one of them that can and do build their own. That customer I am not searching for, this is a great product at a very fair price. You think you can build my product for less than $1200 to spec with all of the functionality and to the quality level that I have? GOOD LUCK! I can tell you that you can’t!

I have to wonder if you even own a tractor or did you build your own for 10 bucks!
Whirly thanks for your comments you started my morning with a spark!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like it works well, Thanks for sharing.
It's now snowing in the Nutmeg State!
From that picture you house looks very nice too.
MU
Thanks yes snowing here pretty well not sure how much we are going to get but I say let it snow I love it!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Wow!!
Whirly
I was not going to reply to this and I was going to just let it go but since I am a new business and you decided to publicly call my company out that you think my product is expensive, as well as suggest that you have to buy two to store the tools because you could not figure it out…. tells me that you are just shooting from the hip and you comment on something without buying one and giving it a true evaluation…..That said I think I need to reply to your negative comments…..
I have to laugh at your comment “OOHHH... I get it now... ya must have 2 of them...”
Well that really tells me you just like to bash other peoples products, inventions, and ideas, you obviously did not take a close look at my product. If you did you would see that all of the tools are held by holders on the outer side of the rack so you have the cargo area totally free. So yes I did think of that this whole idea was started based on one of my needs to move firewood, I personally burn over 10 cords a year.
I must say I thought MTF was a friendly forum and did not have folks like this, and I must say I am not trying to rip anyone off in fact I am offering a great product at a fair price. The fact of that matter is if my product was less than a “C” note as you call it you probably still would not buy one anyway…..
My product is not a cheaply made product, I spent almost two years working on design with my team to develop it, and we are still making it better each day, we are never loosing site on the ultimate goal to build a quality product that lasts and that I would want for myself at a fair price. I am must say it is 100% made in the USA and I am very proud of that! LET’S KEEP THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WORKING for those of us that still care. I am sick of the overseas garbage that is shipped into this country that you have to throw out that does not last! My product is highly engineered it is not a simple piece of equipment and if decided to purchase one you would understand. I guess what I would tell you is think about what any good quality attachment would cost then compare my rack.
My rack turns your tractor into a pickup truck that allows you to securely carry your tools and tow a trailer when attached. It's also power coated that cost alone is almost $175 per rack. If you factor in the 10% coupon takes $150 off of the rack price brings it to $1350 that I am offering MTF customers and the free shipping….. believe me there is a cost for this the carriers don’t really ship my racks for FREE….. With all of that it nets it down to under 1200…. Those are all real costs not to mention free assembly. I have to pay someone to do that also but it is part of this promo….. So what are you left with in the end?
I do understand that there are people out there you being one of them that can and do build their own. That customer I am not searching for, this is a great product at a very fair price. You think you can build my product for less than $1200 to spec with all of the functionality and to the quality level that I have? GOOD LUCK! I can tell you that you can’t!

I have to wonder if you even own a tractor or did you build your own for 10 bucks!
Whirly thanks for your comments you started my morning with a spark!
Whoa Tim!

Welcome to MTF. This is a friendly place and we have many member/advertisers who do just fine here by making themselves available to answer product-related questions.

But you will need thicker skin as a businessman, and will need to learn how to navigate through the inevitable criticism of your product without calling people out in a bitter, denigrating, or confrontational way. If you can't do that, you might be better off limiting your internet presence.

Spend some time studying how others address negative feedback about their products. You'll find that successful businesses take the criticism in stride and try to turn their reply into a positive statement about their product or customer service rather than bashing the messenger. It's Customer Relations 101 in the internet age. :fing32:

Personally, I find the Big Tool Rack interesting, but oversized for anything smaller than a SCUT, with the curent sizing probably best suited for a CUT. You might consider offering a downsized and downpriced verson for GTs (Garden Tractors), that would have mount points to accomodate both a Cat 0 and Cat 1 Ltd 3PH.

Another feature that would be useful would be the ability to mount suitcase weights on the lower forward end of the tool rack, so that users can also retain ballast with a low CG.

Good luck to you!

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
Umm UT look at the website gallery. I think it has a pic of one mounted on a JD x728 tractor (GT) and the suitcase bracket is available too. Whirly was kinda harsh in his comments. There is a saying; if you have nothing nice to say.........

Tim, nice website/product. Good luck to you. Maybe a smaller version for the sears suburban 3 pt hitch. Now that would be cool. :thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Umm UT look at the website gallery. I think it has a pic of one mounted on a JD 728 tractor and the suitcase bracket is available too. Whirly was kinda harsh in his comments. There is a saying; if you have nothing nice to say.........

Tim, nice website/product. Good luck to you. Maybe a smaller version for the sears suburban 3 pt hitch. Now that would be cool. :thumbup:
Thanks Guys! He did rub me the wrong way,no reason for that! I did think it was a friendly site.... again no reason for him to do that especially when what it writes is wrong and has nothing to back it up... it was all garbage he did no research just lashes out and criticized my product. I am very passionate about what I have built. Yes I do have the suitcase weight options and yes I do have a smaller unit in the works now should be out in a month or so....much smaller lighter and less money.

Thanks again guys!

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Umm UT look at the website gallery. I think it has a pic of one mounted on a JD 7xx tractor and the suitcase bracket is available too. Whirly was kinda harsh in his comments. There is a saying; if you have nothing nice to say.........

Madd Man,

I will agree with you that Whirly's comments were overly harsh, especially for a new advertiser that helps keep our forum going. :thThumbsU

I saw the X7 photos, and still feel the BigToolRack is oversized for it. Again, I think the BTR is a nice product. I recognize that BTR is a small business, but I'm sure Tim hopes to grow it in the long run and a smaller version for the GT market might be a good area to explore for future product development and expansion.

I also saw suitcase weights hangin at the front of the BTR, but they appeared ot be mounted on a QuickHitch rather than the BTR itself. I could be mistaken about that and if so then kudos to BTR for including this feature.:thThumbsU

...Yes I do have the suitcase weight options and yes I do have a smaller unit in the works now should be out in a month or so....much smaller lighter and less money.

Thanks again guys!
Oops, we cross-posted. I see you're working on some future products and will be very interested to see the smaller version (hopefully about 1/2 sized and priced.:fing32:) Again, good luck to you.:thThumbsU

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Thanks Guys! He did rub me the wrong way,no reason for that! I did think it was a friendly site.... again no reason for him to do that especially when what it writes is wrong and has nothing to back it up... it was all garbage he did no research just lashes out and criticized my product. I am very passionate about what I have built. Yes I do have the suitcase weight options and yes I do have a smaller unit in the works now should be out in a month or so....much smaller lighter and less money.

Thanks again guys!
Sorry Tim for Whirly's comment. I hope you find that we are truly friendly and some members can get a little uncaring in their posting.
I look forward to a smaller version!:fing32:
I also understand, I think, the market you are targeting with your Rack at this time. If I could afford a New JD/Kubota/Massey/etc. what is a few more $$$ for your nice product. It looks and would function very nice for a lot of us, not a option we could build as well as your company has.:fing32:
As I said in another thread,,, nice RACK.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
I look forward to a smaller version!:fing32:...
Me too!

Tim, if you scope around a bit you'll see that I have been singing the praise of my ballast box, which I found very useful because it also serves as a small "trunk" for my little GT. I also have a Cat 0 3PH with a Heavy Hitch weight rack. But I can't cart extra gear on the weight rack, so the ballast box has some extra practicality.

A small BTR that fits in tight against the rear end and allows us to carry ballast, extra fuel, tools (e.g. snow shovel, broom, axe, etc), SMV placard, and other cargo would be very handy. (But if it sticks out too far to the rear or sides, it will be a potential impediment to maneuvering in tight quarters.) This is the size machine we are talking about for those of us with GTs:

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry Tim for Whirly's comment. I hope you find that we are truly friendly and some members can get a little uncaring in their posting.
I look forward to a smaller version!:fing32:
I also understand, I think, the market you are targeting with your Rack at this time. If I could afford a New JD/Kubota/Massey/etc. what is a few more $$$ for your nice product. It looks and would function very nice for a lot of us, not a option we could build as well as your company has.:fing32:
As I said in another thread,,, nice RACK.
Thank you I appreciate that!

·
Professional Amateur
1,269 Posts
:MTF_wel2:
The pictures don't do this thing justice, you gotta watch the video. Great job BTR! They thought of almost everything, the things they forgot are the kitchen sink and a TV bracket!:sidelaugh
No really, you guys thought of everything. I was amazed on how well you used space on the rack itself so wisely. It's much better than putting the weed whip in the tractor rock box. I just wish I had more land so I could actually NEED one, 2 1/2 acres isn't enough.

Again, great job and I hope your business is very successful! :fing32:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Me too!

Tim, if you scope around a bit you'll see that I have been singing the praise of my ballast box, which I found very useful because it also serves as a small "trunk" for my little GT. I also have a Cat 0 3PH with a Heavy Hitch weight rack. But I can't cart extra gear on the weight rack, so the ballast box has some extra practicality.

A small BTR that fits in tight against the rear end and allows us to carry ballast, extra fuel, tools (e.g. snow shovel, broom, axe, etc), SMV placard, and other cargo would be very handy. (But if it sticks out too far to the rear or sides, it will be a potential impediment to maneuvering in tight quarters.) This is the size machine we are talking about for those of us with GTs:
Thanks UT!
Nice DEERE BTW!

Here is a pick of the BTR with the weight bracket it is connected to the BTR it's a weight hanging bracket that mounts to the 3pt riser.

The BIGTOOLRACK LD light duty will have the same concept and attaching features less weight and less money. It will sit inside the tires not to extent out for the reasons you brought up.

Thanks again I am happy to be a supporter of MTF!:thThumbsU

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts