My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are lots of different large tractor tire patterns out there, do any work better than others?

I know this isn't all of them, and turf tires are OUT for pulling but is there any advange to different degrees of tread?

The tires on my 856 have this tred pattern where they don't make a complete V with each set of treads

Eventually I hope to get into the antique tractor pulling, I used to do some with my uncle (years ago) and we always just 'used what we had'. But if you had to buy new tires which have a competitive edge over the others?

Thanks,
-ron

·
Registered
683 Posts
i dont know if they make them that big and narrow, but dick cepeck tires are made for pulling and thats what alot of people sware by. they are expensive though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldn't find Dick Cepek's in a large enough size, that doesn't mean they aren't available but that I'm a bad internet searcher..

Power ProRacing Tire Selection they sell Dick Cepek's.

I did find this page which is interesting
Hoosier Pulling Tires

And this is just speculation but it looks like they recommend radial tires for pulling, I assume this is because they have softer sidewalls and can be aired down to get better bite?

-ron

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
type B from the first picture? Makes sense, the look more like 'paddle' tires.

thanks,
-ron

·
Silent, Senior MTF Member
871 Posts
Here's a pic of my Wheel Horse 854 with Firestone 23's. The "tractor" may be small, but the principle is the same. :eck34:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh that's nice. I wonder how one would go about getting a lawn tractor pulling group started around here.

I have been to a couple pedal tractor pulls this year for kids but non for lawn tractors.

-ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts