My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
But Keweenaw I was thinking of your place not a rocky mtn pass... Those are somawesome pieces of equipment for massive snow removal....

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first rig is a smaller unit. We do have those in use around here for cutting back banks and removing snow from town streets quickly in the mornings. They blow the snow into big dump trucks that keep hauling it away one after the next.

When they dump it, it's sometimes blown again up high onto a pile just outside of town.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Well I guess its safe to say you would not want to park along side the road if they were using those for snow removal...You would be wondering where your car was at the same time b****ing about the junk pile someone left in your front yard :fing33:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
What a shock- to live in Buffalo and see machines like that! I thought we had it bad. I usually think, we DON'T have earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, mudslides, poisonous bugs and snakes. We have winter.
You make me glad I don't live farther north.

Mike

·
Registered
207 Posts
My puny 25 HP tractor connected to a 46" single stage snowthrower will heave the stuff 25'. Imagine that Oshkosh with a 650 HP blower will throw 1.4 tons of snow per second 200 ft. Talk about having a case of auger envy! :eek:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Those have to be larger than the ones that the railroads use.

For the man that has everything!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts