My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Looking good Steve, it has been a tough spring for carpenters with all the rain, mud to deal with.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Looking good Steve, it has been a tough spring for carpenters with all the rain, mud to deal with.

CCMoe
These guys are doing good work. I make sure they know I appreciate it and thank them for their hard work when they let me know they are leaving. They are still here working and it's 7PM.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Coming along again. The back is almost done in between raining the last couple days. They worked inside and opened up the wall to the house/garage addition so I now have my 24X34ft garage space. Still needs wall lining and lights. I want this done so I can arrange everything. it's a mess as I've had top move stuff around them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Saturday I put the rest of my lights up. Installed JESLED 8ft LED fixtures from Amazon in the new garage addition and wellhouse. 3 strips each. They are really bright and an easy install, link together with supplied cords. Make my T5 and T12 fixtures look yellow. My wellhouse looks like a surgical suite now lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
You can never have too many lights!

CCMoe
Is it weird that I want my fluorescent lights to fail so I can replace them with LEDs? :tango_face_grin:

Looking good Randy!!!
Thanks Don. As of tonight my contractors part is finished. I still need to get some guttering installed, paint my bedroom cuz we moved a window, and fix my walkway. That's gonna be a chore as I want to do a walkstone path and it's ~50ft x8ft wide.

·
Registered
959 Posts
You can never have too many lights!

CCMoe
Is it weird that I want my fluorescent lights to fail so I can replace them with LEDs?

Looking good Randy!!!
Thanks Don. As of tonight my contractors part is finished. I still need to get some guttering installed, paint my bedroom cuz we moved a window, and fix my walkway. That's gonna be a chore as I want to do a walkstone path and it's ~50ft x8ft wide.
As many rocks as you have a 8x50 shouldn't take you long. LOL
Sounds like you almost have it whipped and time to enjoy it. You have transformed your whole place and have it looking awsome!

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
As many rocks as you have a 8x50 shouldn't take you long. LOL
Sounds like you almost have it whipped and time to enjoy it. You have transformed your whole place and have it looking awsome!
Thanks Don. I'll post a few before and afters after work today if I get some time.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Is it weird that I want my fluorescent lights to fail so I can replace them with LEDs? :tango_face_grin:

I know what you mean, the light over my work bench finally quit so I picked up a 4' LED from ArkansasMart, I mean WalMart and that thing turned it into daylight. I have a vise on the end of the bench that I use to hold saws while I sharpen the chain, I have an extra light to brighten things up, no need with the LED.

Project turned out well for you.

CCMoe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any chance you can post pics of the cedarwood HD siding on the completed job? What you've shown so far looks nice. I'm in the process of putting cedarwood HD vertical siding on my house (replacing faulty CertainTeed siding). Thanks.

matt

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Any chance you can post pics of the cedarwood HD siding on the completed job? What you've shown so far looks nice. I'm in the process of putting cedarwood HD vertical siding on my house (replacing faulty CertainTeed siding). Thanks.

matt
Lets see whats in the phone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Looks good Steve.

Is your project done.

CCMoe
Still need guttering. I've called 5x and been stood up 2x on meeting. Getting frustrated there.

I also need to put down 50ft of stone walkpath. Been working on a Swisher bucket for my Cub 3240 before tackling that.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Still need guttering. I've called 5x and been stood up 2x on meeting. Getting frustrated there.

I also need to put down 50ft of stone walkpath. Been working on a Swisher bucket for my Cub 3240 before tackling that.
Seamless I'm sure.

It's been a wet spring/summer here, may be backlogged due to demand and weather.

I would be frustrated too with being stood up, any other gutter installers nearby?

I saw your thread on your bucket, pretty involved build.

Keep moving forward, it will all get done in time.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Seamless I'm sure.

It's been a wet spring/summer here, may be backlogged due to demand and weather.

I would be frustrated too with being stood up, any other gutter installers nearby?

I saw your thread on your bucket, pretty involved build.

Keep moving forward, it will all get done in time.

CCMoe
I finally got the gutters done a few weeks ago. Guy said he'd do it while I was gone on vacation. I got home on a Saturday and they weren't done. Danged if he didn't show up on Sunday at 10AM and do the gutters. Guess he got backlogged but still was committed to doing what he said, did a great job too.

My inlaws take care of my brother in law. He lives with them and they are saints. He has MS which has destroyed his brain and he is mentally ~5 years old in a 40 year old body. My wife and I don't ask for anything and they really, really wanted to do something for us as they are always doing for him and we ask for nothing.

Our front door needed to be repainted after the remodel. It was some weird retrofit door and was 1/2" too small for the frame--never sealed correctly. I put in a storm door which kept it from being a problem so had only planned to repaint it. The FIL asked me if he could replace our front door for us and I said no. He's done carpentry work for 40 years or so and this was right up his alley. He worked on the wife and she asked me if I'd allow him to do this for us. I finally relented and let her pick out the door.

This door is a really nice knotty alder solid wood prehung door and was $700 at the surplus warehouse. It has a "speakeasy" door that opens. We put it in a couple weeks ago. I primed the frame yesterday but it was too humid to paint today.

God bless my inlaws for this gift. It was hard for me to accept but it made them happy to do for my wife and I.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Door looks great, FIL did a good job.

Sorry to hear about BIL, life has some turns that are tough, tougher on some than others.

Caregivers truely are saints.

Take care,
CCMoe

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Door looks great, FIL did a good job.

Sorry to hear about BIL, life has some turns that are tough, tougher on some than others.

Caregivers truely are saints.

Take care,
CCMoe
Thank you sir. The reward they get won't be on this earth for taking care of the BIL as it can't be measured.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
So true, so true.

I'm sure there is some reward in knowing he is getting care from those that care.

I would also surmise that your FIL got an incredible amount of satisfaction installing that door for you.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
So true, so true.

I'm sure there is some reward in knowing he is getting care from those that care.

I would also surmise that your FIL got an incredible amount of satisfaction installing that door for you.

CCMoe
He's a handfull and I am in awe at what they can endure. Think of a grown man with 5 year old type hissy fits. It has worn them down and we help when we can but they are 1hr away so it makes it hard to keep up with whats going on.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts