My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
When I had my business I had a shop cat, a longhaired female Persian "Rina"...very smart cat.
One day these two big muscular guys walked in, leaned over the counter talking to me about something.
Out of the corner of my eye I could see Rina sneaking along the top shelf way up high...sneaking toward counter.
All at once she jumped down between the guys. I swear I never saw them move...all I heard was the front door go "bam!". I walked outside, guys were white as sheets, hands over their hearts.
"Hoo-wee...what the [email protected]&& was that!!!!!" One guy finally said.
I said that's our attack cat.
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Sent from my Bell Rotary
Its always hilarious to watch a grown man run away like a little girl lol. ?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Randy your place is looking awsome! I see the tree is still at the end of you drive, is it going to be in your way? Looks like a nice tree either way and makes for some welcome shade in the summer. Hopefully you can leave it in place.
Looking great Sir!

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Randy your place is looking awsome! I see the tree is still at the end of you drive, is it going to be in your way? Looks like a nice tree either way and makes for some welcome shade in the summer. Hopefully you can leave it in place.
Looking great Sir!
Thanks Don. That tree that looks like it blocks the ramp isn't in the way. It's actually a lot more right of the ramp than it looks. The one on the left of the wellhouse is the problem. Makes the drive thru really narrow. Puts you close to hitting either the corner of the ramp or the roof of the wellhouse.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Horrible end to the week for my renovation. The contractor let his concrete guy work on the back of my house siding.

He didn't care about the quality or bother to call the boss when he had problems. Dented nearly every foot of siding beating it into place. Screws on the outside of the boards when the lips didnt lock in due to him letting 3" waves happen on the horizontal lines. Dull sawblade cuts leaving ragged edges on seams holding the siding away at the seams.

His excuse " I didn't get paid to make it look good, I got paid to get it done quickly" Contractor said he asked the guy what he thought the job should pay and the guy named his price.

Contractor was out today and agreed that it will all have to come down and be redone.

I got some lights delivered and hung the ones by the front door today. Look like old oil lanterns going for the log cabin feel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Horrible end to the week for my renovation. The contractor let his concrete guy work on the back of my house siding.

He didn't care about the quality or bother to call the boss when he had problems. Dented nearly every foot of siding beating it into place. Screws on the outside of the boards when the lips didnt lock in due to him letting 3" waves happen on the horizontal lines. Dull sawblade cuts leaving ragged edges on seams holding the siding away at the seams.

His excuse " I didn't get paid to make it look good, I got paid to get it done quickly" Contractor said he asked the guy what he thought the job should pay and the guy named his price.

Contractor was out today and agreed that it will all have to come down and be redone.

I got some lights delivered and hung the ones by the front door today. Look like old oil lanterns going for the log cabin
feel.
Steve,

That sucks, I hope the contractor realizes the cost of do-overs.

Cost of labor and materials twice will cut into his bottom line, be careful of any change orders as the contractor will make that expense back on the change order.

I'm the foreman over five carpenters and a mason, management wants things done quick. I tell them we are not hacks and we will do it right once.

We had a summer temp carpenter in a few years ago that we have had to follow all over campus redoing what he screwed up.

The nurses in the health center call it Coreyized, his name was Corey.

It would have been hard to keep from taking a swing at that guy.

CCMoe

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

I got some lights delivered and hung the ones by the front door today. Look like old oil lanterns going for the log cabin feel.
Take pictures for yourself for future use.
Sorry to hear a concrete guy tried to play carpenter on your house. Bad idea on the contractor. He got what he desired but destroyed his rep at the same time.
Hope he makes good on it.
Keep us posted and hang in there.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thanks guys. I told the contractor yesterday not to send this guy out here until he had seen the work.

Guy shows up here at 7am. "He says youre not happy with my work" Bad move as I let him have it followed by his excuses including accusing me of wanting "A cadillac at a hyundai price"

I told him that was BS and that I had ALWAYS told the contractor I was willing to pay more for a quality job. That idiot and I never discussed price. Getting really steamed again so Imma walk away from this.

My contractor is a straight up guy so this is not a problem getting handled. About split that dudes wig today with a 2x4

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Thanks guys. I told the contractor yesterday not to send this guy out here until he had seen the work.

Guy shows up here at 7am. "He says youre not happy with my work" Bad move as I let him have it followed by his excuses including accusing me of wanting "A cadillac at a hyundai price"

I told him that was BS and that I had ALWAYS told the contractor I was willing to pay more for a quality job. That idiot and I never discussed price. Getting really steamed again so Imma walk away from this.

My contractor is a straight up guy so this is not a problem getting handled. About split that dudes wig today with a 2x4
You have more restraint than I, it ****** me off when it's not my dime, on my dime, I probably would have got a visit from the popo, might have got my tail kicked but he sure would know my name.

I hope his concrete work far outshines his carpentry skills.

What's the tattoo artist say in the commercial, "Stay In Your Lane Bro"

Getting paid to do work like that is a crime.

I'm glad the contractor is standing with you, I still would be suspect of any additional charges.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
You have more restraint than I, it ****** me off when it's not my dime, on my dime, I probably would have got a visit from the popo, might have got my tail kicked but he sure would know my name.

I hope his concrete work far outshines his carpentry skills.

What's the tattoo artist say in the commercial, "Stay In Your Lane Bro"

Getting paid to do work like that is a crime.

I'm glad the contractor is standing with you, I still would be suspect of any additional charges.

CCMoe
I don't easily rattle. My daily gig is hospital neuro/psych PT. I deal with the most violent and altered mental patients admitted. Have had to perform CPR on dying patients before and act to save a life many times.
I dont react to words and knew the idiot was in defense mode without the ability to accept responsibility. A waste of my time and I ended the conversation when I was ready to by letting him know that.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I don't easily rattle. My daily gig is hospital neuro/psych PT. I deal with the most violent and altered mental patients admitted. Have had to perform CPR on dying patients before and act to save a life many times.
I dont react to words and knew the idiot was in defense mode without the ability to accept responsibility. A waste of my time and I ended the conversation when I was ready to by letting him know that.
Good for you Steve and possibly better for him.

I know from your enthusiasm on this renovation that you have worked long and hard to get this work done.

I don't mean to come off like a hair trigger but it aggravates the $%^&* out of me when someone does an inferior job and then tries to justify it.

It gives the trades a bad name, I enjoy what I do and get as much satisfaction from compliments as the wages earned.

I hope you don't have to deal with the hack again and the contractor makes it right.

CCMoe

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Way to go Randy, hope you told him to stick to what he knows best, concrete. He knew it was crap work cause he didn't know what he was doing to start with.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Good for you Steve and possibly better for him.

I know from your enthusiasm on this renovation that you have worked long and hard to get this work done.

I don't mean to come off like a hair trigger but it aggravates the $%^&* out of me when someone does an inferior job and then tries to justify it.

It gives the trades a bad name, I enjoy what I do and get as much satisfaction from compliments as the wages earned.

I hope you don't have to deal with the hack again and the contractor makes it right.

CCMoe
Way to go Randy, hope you told him to stick to what he knows best, concrete. He knew it was crap work cause he didn't know what he was doing to start with.
There was nothing satisfying about dealing with that guy and he was incapable of seeing how what he did was wrong. Just told him facts and refused to agree with him on his BS excuses. To be honest I should have told him I had nothing to say to him and would only deal with the contractor.

He was way out of line even approaching me after I told the contractor NOT to send him out here again until we had looked at the work and discussed how to proceed. I'm more sick about the time setback, bad work, and ruined expensive siding than anything.

Hoping to see some good progress during the upcoming week. Pretty sure the contractor is gonna have to order more siding which has a 2-3 weeks delivery time frame. UGH!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I trust you won't have him do any concrete work either.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
I trust you won't have him do any concrete work either.
Nope.

Went out to get the XT3 out for mowing and cleaned up a bit to see how my stuff fits. Both tractors on the right and the Miata on the left with 5ft in front of it--depth limited due to the walk door swing.

The tractor side will get 2ft more depth when my spigot goes thru the wall. Still gets plywood wall and ceiling liners and electrical/lights

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Looks good Steve.

I see insulation, are you going to heat/cool your garage?

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Looks good Steve.

I see insulation, are you going to heat/cool your garage?

CCMoe
Heat for winter to keep the well eqpt thawed. May throw a window unit in for summer.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Steve,

Everything OK down your way?

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Steve,

Everything OK down your way?

CCMoe
No problems Moe. Thanks for checking. At one point the news said rotation was directly above me but nothing happened. Don't even have a limb down. Others are sadly not so lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Steve,

Good to hear everything is OK your way.

Creeks, rivers and the Mighty Mo"e" are wrecking havoc up this way.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
The guy who put the front siding up finally got back and started the back today. Looks much better than the last time. Thank God.

One of them is the kid my chihuahua loves to scare. She got him again running up right behind him then jumped up and slapped him on the leg with one paw.

He said "I'm the only one she does that to and she sneaks up on me every time" She was grinning when she slapped him. I truly think she thinks it's some kind of great game.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 100 Posts