My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sure sounds nice to me. I just weed eated and mowed and i thought my place was looking good, but you are living the dream my man!
With everything tore up right now the dream is a nightmare lol. Can't wait to see this thing complete. I'm hoping they hammer the wellhouse and get it done first so I can move some stuff from the garage out there. All the stuff I took out of it is in the back yard and current garage. It is packed to the gills and a booger to move around in right now.

Wife looked in the back yard and said "There's a LOT of yellow back there" Cub Cadet front hitch, plow blade, and mower deck.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Sure sounds nice to me. I just weed eated and mowed and i thought my place was looking good, but you are living the dream my man!
With everything tore up right now the dream is a nightmare lol. Can't wait to see this thing complete. I'm hoping they hammer the wellhouse and get it done first so I can move some stuff from the garage out there. All the stuff I took out of it is in the back yard and current garage. It is packed to the gills and a booger to move around in right now.

Wife looked in the back yard and said "There's a LOT of yellow back there" Cub Cadet front hitch, plow blade, and mower deck.
Don't worry the dream will all come together soon!!! Yellow is a nice color unless it is Pine Pollen.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Don't worry the dream will all come together soon!!! Yellow is a nice color unless it is Pine Pollen.
Yeah, that wellhouse framing gave me hope. With the nice weather I'm hoping they lay the spurs to it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That looks really good. Can't wait to see it installed.
Thanks

Dan, the Edco siding came in today. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks and glad I sprung for the added cost of the HD vs the solid colors. Here are a few pics.

Contractor started framing the wellhouse today.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Progress today as the weather has gotten a bit nicer. Slab poured between the house and garage. I think I'm gonna have them put the walk door as far to the right as possible swinging towards the house. That'll only leave me needing a walk lane all the way to the front of the garage.

It also gets a window on the other side. Still don't know if I want it near the house, garage or centered in the addition yet. Any pros/cons on its placement?

The wellhouse/garage is framed. The only worry I have here is that tree to the left of it. It makes you have to swing near the tree to avoid driving over the corner of the ramp. I think I'll leave it as is for now and see how things open up after the footing pile is graded down after construction. I can always drop the tree in the woods to the left if need be.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Progress today as the weather has gotten a bit nicer. Slab poured between the house and garage. I think I'm gonna have them put the walk door as far to the right as possible swinging towards the house. That'll only leave me needing a walk lane all the way to the front of the garage.

It also gets a window on the other side. Still don't know if I want it near the house, garage or centered in the addition yet. Any pros/cons on its placement?

The wellhouse/garage is framed. The only worry I have here is that tree to the left of it. It makes you have to swing near the tree to avoid driving over the corner of the ramp. I think I'll leave it as is for now and see how things open up after the footing pile is graded down after construction. I can always drop the tree in the woods to the left if need be.
Looking good!!! I can't say about the window placement, but i figure you will cut the tree down after you hit a time or 2. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looking good!!! I can't say about the window placement, but i figure you will cut the tree down after you hit a time or 2. LOL
No kidding lol. Blurry eyed Monday morning on the way to work or the UPS guy knocks the roof corner off the new wellhouse. :tango_face_surprise

Crapola, now I gotta go look at it. Hmm...

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Another pic. Imma have to cut that tree. I hate to cuz it is so gnarly at the top. That thing has tons of curled down brambled limbs on it. Looks like a blackberry bramble. Oy-vey.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
No kidding lol. Blurry eyed Monday morning on the way to work or the UPS guy knocks the roof corner off the new wellhouse.

Crapola, now I gotta go look at it. Hmm...
Well put yourself a motion sensor light on it, that will help you miss it in the mornings.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Steve,

Things are coming along nicely.

I do like the siding, it should contrast well once everything greens up again.

They do make fully vented soffit and center vent, I prefer the center vent look better.

Why did you tie an orange rope to your chainsaw, did you limb it out first?

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Steve,

Things are coming along nicely.

I do like the siding, it should contrast well once everything greens up again.

They do make fully vented soffit and center vent, I prefer the center vent look better.

Why did you tie an orange rope to your chainsaw, did you limb it out first?

CCMoe
Thanks. That saw has an orange 100ft starter cord and starts on the first pull every time. :tango_face_devil:

Actually my gas saw wouldn't start after pulling on the rope 100X and I ran out of curse words so I put it away. Also threatening it wouldn't scare it into starting either. Apparently chainsaws don't care if you put a rag in their gas tank and light it.

Anyways that is the removable end off my WORX 110V corded polesaw. Has a 10" bar on it and is a fine piece of Chinese plastic. I went to it and it saved the day.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Moving along now. Garage connection to house is framed and decked. I think they are gonna side the wellhouse tomorrow. Man my new garage is gonna be loooong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Moving along now. Garage connection to house is framed and decked. I think they are gonna side the wellhouse tomorrow. Man my new garage is gonna be loooong.
Steve,

That is going to be nice, when the misses gets there with the 445, you will have plenty of room!

I do like the bump out on your house, breaks up the length of your addition.

It will be nice to park in the garage and not have to go out in bad weather.

Are both pitches the same on house and garage, they appear to be. It looks as it has been there all along.

Looking good Steve, looking good.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Steve,

That is going to be nice, when the misses gets there with the 445, you will have plenty of room!

I do like the bump out on your house, breaks up the length of your addition.

It will be nice to park in the garage and not have to go out in bad weather.

Are both pitches the same on house and garage, they appear to be. It looks as it has been there all along.

Looking good Steve, looking good.

CCMoe
Thank you sir! Lol on the 445.

I'm hoping to get the Vette and tractors in the wellhouse and 3 cars in the garage with the front of one side as a work area. I really just need to sell the Vette. I think my hot rod building days are over.

My wife's employer recently changed buildings and were getting rid of stuff so I got 3 file cabinets and 3 sets of 4ft×7ft high HD metal shelving units I can put to use.

I think the pitch on the garage is a bit steeper than on the house. Also that boarded window is being moved out as the roof pitch landed in it. I told them I want to be able to step out on the roof from it. Makes clearing limbs easy.

The only thing I'll miss about the breezeway is that it was a covered grilling area. May be doing that in the garage from now on.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Steve,

I thought the garage pitch looked steeper but thought it was camera angle.

Is your kitchen located next to garage or are you going to have some changes inside as well?

I'm thinking that is the living room where the bay window area is.

CCMoe

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Kitchen is on the back against the garage and dining room on the front with the bay windows. Living room on the other end, bathroom and laundry room on left. 3 Bedrooms upstairs. Stairwell is in the center with a 90deg turn. Closet under the stairs.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Kitchen is on the back against the garage and dining room on the front with the bay windows. Living room on the other end, bathroom and laundry room on left. 3 Bedrooms upstairs. Stairwell is in the center with a 90deg turn. Closet under the stairs.
I would say you are pretty well set then, groceries right to the kitchen.

It's going to look nice and the bay windows break up the looooong front!

I always enjoyed giving people their dreams.

It was always funny meeting with customers, the wife would make all the decisions and the man of the house would always smile when we got to the garage area.

CCMoe

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Randy that garage add on is nice! Looks like it is all coming together just as you wanted. How about a Vette pic.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I would say you are pretty well set then, groceries right to the kitchen.

It's going to look nice and the bay windows break up the looooong front!

I always enjoyed giving people their dreams.

It was always funny meeting with customers, the wife would make all the decisions and the man of the house would always smile when we got to the garage area.

CCMoe
The wife hasn't had much input on this one. I was initially gonna build a 24x30 wellhouse but realized it would dominate the house--all you'd see was a metal shop. That was when I came up with the plan to connect the garage.
They put in the doors and windows yesterday. Pella vinyl windows and Therma-tru fiberglass doors. I had em put the back window low so I could step into the back yard out of it.
Randy that garage add on is nice! Looks like it is all coming together just as you wanted. How about a Vette pic.
Yeah, starting to feel real now. Heres the Vette before I tore it down for paint. Dad and stepmother in front of it in front of my first house ~1998, bottom pic is the current front yard. It was a 50ft'er. That paint was a backyard amateur job. Had lines of runs hanging off the bottom and plastered primer cracking thru the sun checked laquer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
The wife hasn't had much input on this one. I was initially gonna build a 24x30 wellhouse but realized it would dominate the house--all you'd see was a metal shop. That was when I came up with the plan to connect the garage.
They put in the doors and windows yesterday. Pella vinyl windows and Therma-tru fiberglass doors. I had em put the back window low so I could step into the back yard out of it.

Yeah, starting to feel real now. Heres the Vette before I tore it down for paint. Dad and stepmother in front of it in front of my first house ~1998, bottom pic is the current front yard. It was a 50ft'er. That paint was a backyard amateur job. Had lines of runs hanging off the bottom and plastered primer cracking thru the sun checked laquer.
LOL, I've worked in the Pella plant in Murray Kentucky as a loaner carpenter setting up production lines, they are moving some of that to Macomb Illinois now. I may have made fixtures that built your windows!

Small world,
CCMoe

21 - 40 of 100 Posts