My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Looks good Tim, May want to post it in the bolens section though, So the Bolens guys can drool over it lol. - Brad

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
looks good to me :) I would think the loader is worth that as long as it is all good.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Loader works good. No visible leaks (might be some small ones, but looked good). I drove the tractor around a bit. Felt good. The loader was relatively smooth ( a little jerky that I am chalking up to the cold), but it was quicker than I imagined from the way people talk. Man, I thought my 18/6 was a big garden tractor, this thing is a monster!! It is weird going from an old manual tractor to a hydro. I may be in the minority but I prefer the 3 speed hi/lo. Man I can't wait to get that thing!

·
Premium Member
12,391 Posts
If it's running, it's probably worth $1K all day long, especially since people pay that just for a loader, usually in much worse condition than that one.

For a real sanity-check on the price, I would check in at the Bolens section of MTF.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
Yep I'd say easily worth $1K. The bolens forum members can let you know for sure but I believe that is what they call a "Large Frame" which is that largest GT frame bolens made I think!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have a Bolens 1256 in addition to the Sears 18/6. I liked the control at the foot of the speed and forward / reverse of a hydro. I am still getting use to driving the geared rear end of the 18/6.

I am no expert but that is a good price IMO!! But then I am one of only 2 people I think in whole state of Utah with a Bolens!

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
looks like a deal to me.... i paid 600 or something along those lines for my sears loader with tractor and spare parts tractor.... so i'd say so honestly... just that motor i dont think you can get parts for maybe carb kits thats about it

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
B&S still makes the complete overhaul kit for that engine.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Bolens!....hate to diss a Sears here,but I think a Bolens has the Suburban's beat,they had chassis that are just as beefy,the worm drive rear axles are tough too (though they cant be towed I have heard),and I had a friend with an older tube framed Bolens with a plow,he could move anything my plow truck could on it,the fact he weighed almost 350 lbs may have had something to do with its amazing abilities though...only disadvantages to a Bolens is they are hard to find parts for sometimes,and aren't cheap if you can,and attatchments are just as hard to get too...but otherwise they are a very desireable heavy duty tactor...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.