My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,

so had a few things fall into place today, and the first part is this. A sickle bar mower! After I spoke to guy on the phone a week or so ago, I find out that he has a york rake too! He already said he would go 150 on the sickle, I asked if he would do another 50 for the york rake. SOLD. Had to call in some favors on this one, had a friend in long island pick it up for me. Gonna be a few weeks until I get down there to pickup, but its MINE now! YESSS

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
even I don't have a york rake.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,199 Posts
I had a rake for my mid mount on the old one I had- It didn't work too well.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Dont modify the rake at all, leave it original

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Looks good Timmy, That sickle mower is nice! Bet you can't wait till the snow is gone now. - Brad

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Looks good Timmy, That sickle mower is nice! Bet you can't wait till the snow is gone now. - Brad
i have one... mines a cub rake mounted to a sears rear blade mount..... i myself if you can make one i would....... i'd make it two on the outside edges of the rake tho.... it works good without the wheels also just seems to be a pain when ya wanna get things nice and level.... depends on your use for it i think.... just wanna get dirt level the rear blade or rake works good

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Awesome score, never seen a york rake before, what are you going to put those on?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:eek:mg:I am almost at the point of not even reading your posts anymore because every time I open one you have found some new cool attachment :Disgus:
Just kidding :trink39: two very nice finds :fing32:
I would love to have a sickle bar to keep the field from getting over run but that will never happen around here :banghead3
I am thinking about taking the deck from the SS18 and adding a motor and make a trail mower.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sears SS12- Here is my lineup with what I think the attachments I primarily use will be:

2004 DGT6000 27hp: Keep the dozer blade on, mower deck, sleeve hitch rear blade
67 suburban 10: Leaning towards putting the dual wheels on her with the sickle mower
72 suburban 12: depends on running condition, probably mower deck, and drag attachments for the garden
77 18/6: My main garden machine. Go to machine for the moldboard, disc, spring tooth, york rake, and whatever else I come across

and IF the bolens Loader deal goes through: Not looking for the 3 pt or rear pto for it. tempting, but way too much cost into it.

UMaxman: love the trail mower idea, can't wait to see if you do it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.