My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have done just about everything but paint this FF24. I found NOS mower deck and tried it out yesterday and was very impressed. The Onan motor has almost 2200 hours and sounds great. I will paint it sometime in the future and want to do the same factory colors, stripes, and decals. I still have the FEL but had to remove to get mower deck on. (You can see it in the background)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Wow that thing is sweet. It looks like it is almost as large as your 2305.

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is very close to the size of the 2305. I love the 2305 but have always been a fan of the Craftsman tractors. This one will not be for sale. It will stay in my regular lineup. I am just so impressed with it, especially the hydralics. I can raise and lower my mower deck in any position and it holds that position without bleeding down quickly.:fing32:

·
Registered
409 Posts
things hugeee looks sweet

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
How does it hadel the FEL? Nice machine!!

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does it hadel the FEL? Nice machine!!
Thanks guys. It seems to be fine. I used the FEL to scrape some grass and dirt off my driveway. I need to find some good balast before I really test out how it handles a full load. I am looking for wheel weights and may also rig up some weight in the back.:fing32:

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Thanks guys. It seems to be fine. I used the FEL to scrape some grass and dirt off my driveway. I need to find some good balast before I really test out how it handles a full load. I am looking for wheel weights and may also rig up some weight in the back.:fing32:
Thats good, I want one!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's nice!! I have an FF18 that is going to get an Onan 18 swap and complete rebuild this winter. I may hit you up with some help on dimensions of the loader and mount. That will be my next project. Where did you find an NOS deck? That is hard to believe there was still one around. I used to deal with a lot of old Chevy NOS parts and loved looking through them! Are you going to repaint it the factory color?

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[QUOTE=czd3my;1296772]That's nice!! I have an FF18 that is going to get an Onan 18 swap and complete rebuild this winter. I may hit you up with some help on dimensions of the loader and mount. That will be my next project. Where did you find an NOS deck? That is hard to believe there was still one around. I used to deal with a lot of old Chevy NOS parts and loved looking through them! Are you going to repaint it the factory color?[/QUOTE][

/I]

czd3my, anytime you need dimensions of the loader and mount let me know. I can also send you some pics as needed. I found the NOS deck on a craftsman forum. They posted it for sale and I jumped on it. My old deck was beyond repair. I plan on making this tractor factory painted.:trink39:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Will do! Thanks for the offer! Whereabouts in East Texas are you? I'm in Central Oklahoma, a town called Shawnee. I get down around the Texarkanna region once or twice a year. That was a good find on the deck! There was one on the FF forums that was almost new looking, wondered if that was the one you got. I have a parts FF20 also so if there is anything you might need let me know. Thanks again!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
sweet!!

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GT 80 thank you.

czd3my I live near Huntsville, about 50 miles north of Houston.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
WOW! that machine is a beast ! What does it have for a transmission in it ? Eaton 11 ?

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Keith! I am not sure about the transmission. Maybe in owers manual I will check and see. It seem like I read something about them using Ford'a hydro drive. I hope that is true because I have always been a fan of those Ford compact tractors.:trink40:

Small Fry, I bought this deck from a guy that owned a FF24 but only used the snowblower. I saw some on EBAY but all I saw was the 44" cut and wanted the
larger one. BTW your tractor in your avatar looks great.:trink39:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hows the tractor coming along?Have you painted it yet?Would love to see some pics of it finished.Been wanting a ff20 or 24 for a while now.
Thanks Moto

·
Registered
319 Posts
OK I have done just about everything but paint this FF24. I found NOS mower deck and tried it out yesterday and was very impressed. The Onan motor has almost 2200 hours and sounds great. I will paint it sometime in the future and want to do the same factory colors, stripes, and decals. I still have the FEL but had to remove to get mower deck on. (You can see it in the background)
So this is the mysterious FF I've heard about, Cub Cadet under Sears Badge? Is this "The One" to have?

114[1].jpg

Opposed twin? I notice 6 bolt wheels. Hmmm...tell me more.....

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
So this is the mysterious FF I've heard about, Cub Cadet under Sears Badge? Is this "The One" to have?

View attachment 127774

Opposed twin? I notice 6 bolt wheels. Hmmm...tell me more.....
direct drive to a hydro with hi and lo ranges. hydraulics, PTO's, the works. a super garden tractor essentially. i have never heard of them being made by cub, only made by roper

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
Big A motors too!! came with (up to) a 24HPOnan (if i am not mistaken) - One of the uglier Sears noses (IMO), but I would still take one!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts