My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't catch my ***** coming into estrus in time, and my dog impregnated her.

She's less than a year old, and not fully grown, so I'm concerned for her having a litter this early on.

Any recommendations on modifying her diet, supplements, things to watch for?

Thanks,

·
Registered
948 Posts
Oh, that can be problematic. The breeder we bought our Husky from, had a ***** that was about 9 months old when she got pregnant. She had only two pups in the litter. (Huskies usually have five to seven in a litter.) Her coat went to heck and she had problems with her skeletal frame due to development stopping because of the pregnancy. I would suggest getting with your vet and get advice from him/her.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the vet said she was too far along to do anything about, so we just fed her well and exercised her.

This morning, at 1:00 a.m. she had the first pup. At 3:00 a.m. there are 3. I'm thinking there may be 1 more to come. All seem to be doing fine. Will post pictures as soon as the whelping is over and we get her cleaned up.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Hope mom and the pups are doing O.K. Looking forward to pictures.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
cute pups grandpa dogg!:fing32:

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, to close the loop on the thread, all 4 that made it were healthy. The last one sold today. Hated to see her go.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Well, to close the loop on the thread, all 4 that made it were healthy. The last one sold today. Hated to see her go.
If it wasnt planned and you had no plans to keep any i say it was good work on your part for selling them all. :congrats: Hate to see them go.. BUT...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts