My Tractor Forum banner
141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,742 Posts
The fake Amazon have been leaving messages on the home phone. Kinda scary because I buy a lot on Amazon. What gets me is they know your name and they know you buy on Amazon before you answer the phone.
The recording today had no idea who I was or whether or not I actually had an Amazon account.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I love telemarketing calls . We just don't get many anymore since I mess with them, fake name, cc#, address,etc.
Last week I did get the car extended warranty one. Yes, I have 2015 Ford Focus.
I ask if warranty covers the carburetor. "Absolutely the carburetor is covered".
Some guy goes into 15 min speel, my phone in my shirt pocket. While I work every few minutes I say "yea...un-huh...okay". Then guy says I'll need paper and pencil...I say sure, he says take your time, I'll wait. So I'm feeding horses, putting tools away, etc. "Barbara...are you still there?" "Yes. I'm still looking for a pencil".
The sales-idiot is waiting 30 minutes. I hear him mutter some curse words.
Finally "I got a pencil!" As he gives me some crazy # I say "hold on...lead broke...I'll have to sharpen it". After another 20 minutes or so I've never heard so much cursing & screaming then he hangs up!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Yes, Tell them you want the extended warranty on all ten cars in the family. Tell them you want to start with the oldest one first. Its grandpa's model T. Work your way up to the others that are in the 30's and 40's.

5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Wouldn't you know I had my cell phone on "do not disturb" and missed an important call. It was my accountant calling me on his cell phone about my taxes. Since the number is not in my contact list the phone never rang and I missed the call. Friends and associates are calling from different numbers and I'm missing the calls.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I simply shake my head in amazement reading what you all have to experience. Really, I am rather surprised when the phone rings, as it is normally quite silent. The AT&T phone that I've mentioned previously must be doing the job of blocking all the numbers. Last call that came in was two days ago, another spam call but was immediately blocked by me. Any time the phone does ring and the Caller I.D. shows a weird bunch of numbers and not someone I know, when I answer my finger is always on the BLOCK button ready to cut them off and never hear from them again.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
After spending yesterday morning in the ER,(long story,back pain was so severe I called the rescue wagon to come take me there at 7 am Friday)..
After 4 hours of basically being ignored at the hospital,they finally discharged me (after I told them I was going to leave ,the conditions there were even worse than at home as far as being "comfortable",and they gave me no pain pills or shots..
I had to get three prescriptions filled the ER doc prescribed....
I dropped them off on the way home when a friend gave me a ride home,then went to pick them up a few hours later..

I had called in for a refill of a allergy pill Thursday,and was told there was no refills left,and they would have to contact my doctor before they could refill it...as of 4 pm yesterday,no word back from the doctor,so I wont be able to get that one till Monday..

So far between 10 am and 12:30 pm today,the robitic pest that calls to tell you your scrpit is ready,or cant be refilled right away,etc,has called me 3 times,but there is no info about whether the refill was approved or ready...I ended up calling the pharmacy,had to go thru a maze to finally reach a human,and ask the pharmacist what the bleep is the message--same woman I was waiting on by yesterday..."I have no "updates" to tell you,I don't know why it keeps calling you--nothing changed since yesterday....I'll take your number off the robotic call list"..
That usually lasts until I renew another prescription..😒
So much for "sleepin in" today...:mad:
I had the same kind of issue with the CVS robo text. Said my prescription was ready and I knew it wasnt unless they called in another one ( im on 140 mgs. daily of water pills, or " pee-pills" as I call them ) and I finally beat thru the stupid push this and that to be told they wont be ready for 20 more days, and Im like " no ***t ". All that crap isnt helpfull at all.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,959 Posts
Walgreens robo-pest called me today AGAIN at 10:15 am,to tell me "your prescription refill has been delayed,as we are still awaiting a reply from your doctor"...

This,after me knowing this since FRIDAY,and calling them back yesterday,to find out why the robo-pest called 3 times before noon,and the woman who waited on me told me "nothing has changed since yesterday,I don't know why they keep calling you--stupid computer!--I'll take you off the calling list..(and as I stated in a previous post,that usually only lasts until the next time one of your scripts comes back up for a refill)..
I guess the robo pest knows how to over ride the "do not call me" requests now...again,so much for sleeping in on a Sunday when I'm not felling too great..:(

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I solve that by becoming the robo-pest! No prescription? I call drs office. Even Sunday there's a doctor on call. Then I call pharmacy.
Once received I ask when ready? I call then.
I call until it is ready for pickup.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
There is quite a bit of difference between robo or scam calls and those that you may have given your number to. I seem to recall that you were calling around looking for somewhere to get the jab. It would be a no brainer for them to write your number down then sell that info. I give my number out to very few places or people and call around looking for something even less. That is one of the reasons I use the Internet instead of the telephone.

5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
I was talking to a relative on a phone app who is in Italy and noticed someone from a +44 number called me on the app. She left a message saying she's been trying to reach me. I checked on google where is +44 at and google says "South India". I blocked and reported the number. Its sad now they are spamming call apps.

5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 · (Edited)
I got another police solicitation call the other day and figured I need to talk to this person representing the police association. He was telling me with local governments now defunding the police and they need money. I said what do you need the money for. He said police don't make that much money. I said, so you prey on people who are on social security to support you, why don't you solicit businesses or corporations. I said just take me off your phone list.

5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
The other day I was making a lot of calls on my cell phone. I noticed while on a call, I would get a robocall. That must have happen every time I was on the phone. Its like they know when I'm on the cell phone. I already have saved 20 messages on the cell phone so the robo callers can't leave a message when I'm on a call.

My home phone, its been a while since I had a robocall. Its strange, I may get a lot of robo calls in one day and then for a week or so don't get any at all.

·
Registered
347 Posts
My home phone number goes straight to fax machine.
Student loan refinance, never had a student loan.
Vehicle warranty extension, 86 model truck, 600 thousand miles.
Amazon account has been hacked, good I never had one.
Social security number has been compromised.
Home warranty
Postal inspector has confiscated an overseas package, arrest warrant will be issued.

One day i got like 10 calls in 2 hours time.
So I finally answered it.
After he finished his speal, I said I have reverse traced the number.
I know where you are and I am on my way with my AK 47, a sledge hammer and a case of dynamite.
Going to come through front door and shoot everything that moves, once everything stops moving, smash every computer in the building, then level the building with dynamite.
Figured if the FBI showed up, then they would know where to go to arrest the robo callers.
Strangely though, that particular call stopped.

We have an FBI center here, now if I answer one of them, "FBI spam and fraud task force, how may I direct your call"
I have also figured out if you just block them, they will use your number on calls they are making. That is how you can get a call from your own number.

The do not call registry, what a joke, I have had all my numbers listed there since it started.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sometimes if I'm taking a break I'll use reverse psychology. Listen to their spiel, act interested then lower the boom. I'll say "Are you naked? You have such a sexy voice. I bet you're really hot!"
There's always a pause then confusion .
Sometimes I'll have to repeat it, usually adding "something" to it. They never call back.

5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Lately, I notice, a computer makes the calls and you have to press something to continue the call and hear the speal. For a while I was getting faxes of advertisements. I got that stopped where as they can't fax unless I accept it.

I love the one call that says" we are working on your neighbor's home doing some work". I said "what's their name"? They give some excuse they can't name them.

5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
Sometimes if I'm taking a break I'll use reverse psychology. Listen to their spiel, act interested then lower the boom. I'll say "Are you naked? You have such a sexy voice. I bet you're really hot!"
There's always a pause then confusion .
Sometimes I'll have to repeat it, usually adding "something" to it. They never call back.

Oh, the male callers from some of those other countries would love to hear that.

141 - 160 of 180 Posts