My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
Dad had a decent collection of tube frames and (nothing special or out of the ordinary) since he passed on and I dont have any room to store them, I was wondering what the best way to reduce the number of tractors would be. I can't stand the thought of taking them to a scrap yard. A couple may run, I havent had the time to tear into them and see what is needed.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Frock

·
Young Bolens Collector
1,474 Posts
Craigslist, ebay, or make a post on here with some pictures. With not all of them running, your best bet is to sell as a huge package. It would be nice to see some pictures though, see what you have.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just post a bunch of pictures, along with model numbers, and people interested in those units will pop out of the woodwork. that way you don't have to look at anything until there is some interest.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You could just drop 'em in my driveway. I'll take care of 'em. :D

Nate

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey everybody,
Dad had a decent collection of tube frames and (nothing special or out of the ordinary) since he passed on and I dont have any room to store them, I was wondering what the best way to reduce the number of tractors would be. I can't stand the thought of taking them to a scrap yard. A couple may run, I havent had the time to tear into them and see what is needed.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Frock
Well frocker98, seeing that you are in OH you shouldn't have much trouble finding buyers. You are surrounded with Bolens users and collectors. As trx430ex mentioned post up some pics on here and model #'s and we all will be coming out of the woodwork.

:wwp:

:trink40:

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
What part of OH are you in?

I'm near Cleveland.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try to get some pictures up this week, if the weather cooperates. Supposed to rain all week.
As far as location, Covington Ohio, about 30 min north of Dayton

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to get two tractors out this weekend to list up here for sell (wife kept me too busy to get any more done)
As far as both of these tractors, they both ran prior to being mothballed. Right now, they both turn over, but the batteries were too dead to get them to fire up. I may try again to get them running soon.
One is a 770 Dont think there is deck here for it, but I will look somemore
Second is 850. I believe I have a deck for also have a sickle mower I could sell with it. ( I have one in pieces and my brother has one he may part with for the right price)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
33,601 Posts
If they're in that kind of condition I don't think you're going to have any trouble selling them!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, should have mentioned, these are probably the two best tractors. The others show their age. That is the nice way to put it I think.
Don't worry fellow Bolens collectors. I and not getting rid of entire collection. I will make room to keep my Dads original first owner 1254 (even found the receipt for it) and my grandpas 850.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
If you can start any, even briefly, it will help quite a bit. Photos will help any aficionados to ID them. Model numbers of the attachments are also helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts