1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't laugh at me here cause my electronics is real weak.... But would this be a good time for you to convert to the dodge electronics?
I've read about and have seen one of these tracotrs with this mod. I need to do it on my other mf 12. Does anyone have a step by step hoe to or part numbers? Thanks to all!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts

Why would you do that?? Every time it rains, it would quit on you.

:)
Haahaahaa.... Knowing the old 1970's Dodges, this did make me smile!

However, on a serious note... Mine conversion has been flawless for just about a year now. It has a nice hot spark and to date, I have not used the choke (EVER) to start my tractor. I start her at dead idle and no choke every time. I would highly recommend it over buying ANY part of the SSI system. If your charge system is down, I would convert over to a GM one wire alternator, it can be added on very easy behind the grille. (Stock location for the hydro pump)

PS.... if you still have spark, but it's just not charging... you will need to keep the charge coil in place and hooked up to the SSI unit. The stator coil is a 2-part system and even if the charging part is dead, the SSI needs it's coil winding to charge up the SSI pack.

Here is the write up I did when I installed the conversion on my HH120 :fing32:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=102364

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
22,175 Posts
Hmmmm.

I had an eBay purchase sent to my home instead of my U.S. shipping address by mistake by the seller. I don't know at what price the brokers take an interest, but I got hit for $39.95 brokerage plus PST/GST with extra shipping costs thrown in for good measure. :Disgus:

Normally, I take a couple of hours and go over the bridge, fill the gas tank, check out TSC and other spots, pick up my order and come home. About $15 for tolls, pick up fees and gas burned and that's it. Usually, Customs doesn't take an interest until well past a hundred bucks. :fing32:

Just a heads up. Hopefully not needed. They don't seem very consistent with the rules.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it's shipped via USPS instead of courier, it's not too bad.
Canada post charges $5 handling and of course our HST.

By courier, it has to go through a brokerage.

Takes a bit longer, but if your not in a panic, it seems to be the
best way.

Either way, it sure beats the $263 they wanted at the auto parts.

·
22,175 Posts
You got that right!!! :fing32:

·
Registered
18 Posts
So....I have a K341 engine on a MF-16 that needs a new Voltage regulator...
I'm having trouble figuring out which regulator to get. I have three leads going to the current regulator...two on top and one on bottom. The lead on the bottom burned up. The volt/amp meter doesn't work either...I can replace that easy enough though.
Any help is greatly appreciated :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts