My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my FF18's rear tire blew a tube. Any idea where to get one?? I've called the local atv shops here in Austin, but they will have to order one that will work with my 26x12-12 tires.

Also, any idea on how to get the rear rubber off the rim?? This thing is on there pretty good. Might have to actually take the tire in and have it done. As much as i hate not doing things myself, i might not have any other option.

ttt
Jay

·
Registered
62 Posts
Try some of your local tire shops. When I needed a tube for my old Ford YT-16, I found one that worked at a local tire shop. Best of all, it was 1/2 the price of buying one at the John Deere shop.

Al E.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,939 Posts
I've used radial car tire tubes for 12" tires before ,they work fine and are thicker than bias ply tire tubes..I got a 155R-12 tube back about 5 years ago for ten bucks,but now that Ford Festiva's and GEO's that had 12" tires are not too popular,they could be hard to locate now--but I'd try a local tire shop,they might have a few left in stock collecting dust they would like to move!..I think a 13" tube might work in a pinch too,use a smaller sized one though..

I need a 12" tube for a 22x8.50x12 ,but I learned the farm store now gets almost 18 bucks for one !..and its a 23x10.50x 12",which I think is a bit to big,they say "it'll fit ok"..they never stocked the one I wanted..I may try a tire store next,last resort will be to use a 12" trailer tire tube,but a 5.90x12 is stretching it pretty thin ,putting it in a wider tire..I knew I should have grabbed more than one 12" radial tube for ten apeice back then!..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts