My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best price on Gator blades for my X700,any thoughts?

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Jerry
1,194 Posts
What is the difference between G5 & G6 Gators...and what, if any, are the benefits?

:thanku:

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
What is the difference between G5 & G6 Gators...and what, if any, are the benefits?

I was told that the G6 has the same configuration as the G5, but is thicker and heavier. Seeing they don't make a G6 for the 48X, it was a non-issue, but that's what they said at least.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

I've only used the G6 blades and they are HEAVY. My package when came in the mail weighed 11 pounds. They look like bush hog blades and cut brush and heavy grass about like a bush hog. Make a pretty cut in the front yard too :thThumbsU

·
Jerry
1,194 Posts
sjlee, thanks for the link for Gators.

Anybody know if the carbide coating needs a diamond wheel for sharpening? Also, how deep the carbide coating is as far as grinding it off when sharpening?

:thanku: again

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I just ordered 3 G5 Gators for my 317/46" deck. $11.80 ea plus $8.95 shipping. Everywhere else either didn't have the G5's or was alot more money for each.:fing32:
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
662 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Kennedy Diesel the Green dealer it is. Price is $50 and free shipping for a set of 3 G6 blades for my 54C mower deck.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The best price I've found so far is from MowtownUSA.com. As far as the carbide edge, if you hold it in the light you can see the carbide line in the blade. I never measured it, but it's approximately 1/2".

·
26,679 Posts
My G5's came today!!! Less than 24 hours after I ordered them from Tulsa Warehouse. I figured they might get here Friday, but came a few minutes ago. Now for it to dry out enought to mow since we got over 2" of rain since midnight. :banghead3

·
26,679 Posts

·
Got Grass?
1,292 Posts
Thanks Kennedy Diesel the Green dealer it is. Price is $50 and free shipping for a set of 3 G6 blades for my 54C mower deck.
They are very good! I just put a set of G6 blades on my 54c Memorial Day and they mow really well!

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
I wish this discussion was last week. I ordered a set of G6 for my 62C Monday and they were $16.00 a piece plus $10.95 shipping. Haven't arrivd yet either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts