My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 33 horse 970 Deere and want a bushhog to keep the undergrowth down in my 2 acre woods. Based on your experiences would I be better off with a 5' or 6' bush hog? Thanks

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I run a five footer with my 30 hp 950. It does really well except in the thickest of field grasses and then it will do well if ground speed is reduced.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would go no bigger than 5' for a 33 hp tractor.:thThumbsU

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
I just recently purchased a 5ft cutter from Tractor Supply for my 2520 and it does real well. Would think yours would work great with a 5ft unit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Based on reading this... my 37hp 955 should turn a 6' brush hog just fine. But, I have doubts that the tractor could pick it up. Think I'll stick to a 5 footer when the time comes to buy one.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I think that you're making a wise choice with the five foot model. You have a few more hp than I have with the 950, but a five footer is all that I want on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the replies. I ended up getting a 5 foot International World Agritech Corp and the tractor handles it just fine. I was looking at Hawkline bush hogs in the Northern Tool catalog and noticed they have a sticker on them which exactly matches mine so Hawkline and International must be the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts