My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm looking to buy a new 24/25 HP compact tractor. So far, I've looked at the Mahindra MAX 24, Branson 2510, and Kubota.BX2380. Anyone know anything good, bad, or otherwise about these tractors?

JD X585 owner
If those are your choices, for peace of mind I would go Kubota. You want to consider the following:
  • How long has the company been selling tractors in the US?
  • How long has the company existed?
  • How many dealers are near you so that if your local guy goes belly up, it isn't a big deal to get to another one
I don't know Branson, but a quick check in my area shows only two dealers within an hour and the next two are two to 2.5 hours away.

As for Mahindra, my local John Deere shop (Lawn and Garden tractors only) had Mahindra for a number of years but cancelled their contract in 2019 because they were getting too many customer complaints about component failure and issues with Mahindra support. Then when my dealer stepped into assist, Mahindra was repeatedly a disaster to work with. So, rather then suffer damage to their own reputation, my dealer cut ties with Mahindra. Based on other discussions I've read here on MTF, other strong alternatives to consider are John Deere, New Holland, and Massey Ferguson. Two other outsiders would be Kioti and Bobcat.

Good luck! 馃憤

Premium Member
While that's great info, I doubt the O.P. has been hanging on for 1.5 years to decide what to buy...

JD X585 owner
LOL, somehow I missed the date stamp. 馃檮 Thought it was a recent post. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts