My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife took some action shots. This is far from optimal as the snow was deep and plow truck packed by my mail box. Last year when I tried to do this with the single it would take ramming force to get through the hard packed bank, and I would often loose traction.

There was no wind to benefit from either. When I did the driveway the other morning it was very windy and it easy launched snow over my house. I also used the single stage and forgot how much volume it can move when you use the right amount of hydro lever.

Sorry had driveway done in early am while everyone was asleep so no one to take pics of doing the driveway with 6" on it. Not sure why but the berco cleans right down to the pavement where my single leaves a little. Maybe cause the berco has a new scrapper.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bye the way this was at 3/4 throttle (3000 RPM on tiny tac) as the vanguard 31hp has pletty of torque. The faster the RPM the farther it would have thrown and the more gas she would drink at 3600.... but then I would be just showing off!

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hotrod;

That Berco seems to do a fine job. how well is it built and have you had it long?

What kind of Simplicity do you have that Briggs in, and can you run the front PTO clutch on it, as earlier Sovereigns?

tanks
bye the way this was at 3/4 throttle (3000 RPM on tiny tac) as the vanguard 31hp has pletty of torque. The faster the RPM the farther it would have thrown and the more gas she would drink at 3600.... but then I would be just showing off!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
berco has some of the best build quality out there hence why most OEM's use berco's and put their sticker on it. This is my 1st year with the berco but simplicity engineer I worked with to develop the package has used his for 13 plus years. I have wanted to use the berco/ simplicity 2 stage for years but could not justify the 2k price tag.

I put the vanguard 31hp in the 1995 sovereign just for fun cause I got it cheap. I could run the front clutch but the reason the engine was cheap is it has the larger 1 7/8 shaft (hard to find clutchs that size) rather than the 1 1/8. I do run a front pto on my other machine with kohler CH18 so I can use the weedcutter. You can see the "magstop" electric clutch in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found another one... shows one of my favorite features of the 2 stage you can still get throw distance when just a tiny bit of snow is available. This was with patchy 1" spot. With the single if the cute is not full the snow just dribbles out barley going a foot or 2.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.