My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all after my Draglink broke and i replaced it and replaced r/f hub bushing
my steering was still toed out in the front tires pointing out I found that my
tierod was bent way bad about 3' in the center and i assume it should not be bent at all.all so I see that left front spindle where the draglink attaches to it is also bent down don't know if that is normal so please any advise is greatly
appriciated

Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am not sure what tractor model that number is. Look up the parts manual at the Sears site. If the part is streight take it off and pound it back to streight. a 3 pound hammer on flat steel will work great. You can do it on a piece of wood but the last little bit will need solid surface. Cement can chip out. If the part has a bend in it pound it out until your wheels are streight. We have had a lot of problems with alignment on this forum. I had to take mine off and cut the rod then thread the ends. I put a turn bucle in. I can not adjust them any time. Some tractors have adjustment. Not sure if yours does. Some of sears tractors are like other brands and you can buy other parts that fit giving you the proper adjustment. You can cross referance you tractor with others. There are members that have all that information. If you serch past post you will more than likely find it. Sorry you are haveing problems. If none of this works buy a new tie rod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts