My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since posting. It looks like I bent the "U" portion of the rear frame where the bottom plate mounts on my BX1870. I installed a Heavy Hitch plate with receiver and have been working the tractor pretty hard. Not terrible but noticeabe. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what's the fix?

·
We're all friends here
13,823 Posts
So far, no. What were you doing at the time? How about a picture?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was pulling out some dead stumps. More like root balls. Mind you these were not big and had been dead for years. There was one that I gave a couple attempts to but knew I had no chance.

·
We're all friends here
13,823 Posts
Your U-bar is different than mine. Are you able to remove it and bring it to a shop. They may be able to straighten it out. Otherwise, it may be replaceable. I doubt you will be able to straighten it yourself. From the pictures, the damage doesn't look too bad. Can you use it as is?

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,438 Posts
As Mr. Scott would say "The proper tool for the job" My Dad thought that my 318 would rip roots out (I thought yeah Dad, as I would be on the ground under the 318 from it flipping over backward), no way I used the 97 S10 Blazer and never had a problem, pulled them out and some long roots out. Remember to up-size when do root balls

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It isn't bad, but noticeable. Thanks APinNY, now I know the right terminology....U Bar. I saw Messick's sells frame parts but there were no pictures.

Does anybody know if it is replaceable or how to get it off? To your point RussKish, I got a little cocky because the tractor was doing well. I tried something I knew better would not come out.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
As Mr. Scott would say "The proper tool for the job" My Dad thought that my 318 would rip roots out (I thought yeah Dad, as I would be on the ground under the 318 from it flipping over backward), no way I used the 97 S10 Blazer and never had a problem, pulled them out and some long roots out. Remember to up-size when do root balls
Yep. Some of these after market companies invite problems for the unwise consumer. The part may have been built like a tank but are you hooking up to one ??????????????

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds good Hydronerd. I should have used a straight insert. I normally use the pictured insert for towing my utility trailer. Wonder where I can find such a length of 2 x 2?

·
We're all friends here
13,823 Posts
I wouldn't have thought a 2x2 would have been strong enough. Nice call, Hydronerd.

·
We're all friends here
13,823 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts