My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if you have to take the front axle loose on an 8N to replace the crankshaft pulley, looks awful tight to me.

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
Ya, your going to have to pull that fron axle support off. Its realy not that hard though.
:ditto:

Pull the front axle support off. To do that... you'll need to take the radius arm pins out of the front axle... then seperate the outside "ends" of the front axle... then unbolt the axle support.

Of course, the hood and radiator will have to come off first.

As Paul said... it's not really "hard" to do... just takes a bit of time.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
might want to pull the rad rods from the ball sockets!.. might be easire then driving those pins out!

soundguy

·
Retired - Veteran Mod
6,791 Posts
might want to pull the rad rods from the ball sockets!.. might be easire then driving those pins out!

soundguy
I guess it depends on the tractor... I know when I pulled my 8N apart... those nuts on the studs, at the end of the radius rods were rusted away... there wasn't hardly enough to get a socket on. I eventually did get them off (and replaced) but... driving the pins out of the front end wasn't that hard... once I took the weight off the front.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Ya, your going to have to pull that fron axle support off. Its realy not that hard though.
That is the great thing about these old Fords. Ain't nothing really hard to work on, just a pain sometimes when you find something really stuck/rusted tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts