My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just attached the blower to the 345 for the first time. Once engaged it's so quiet I didn't think it was turning compared to the old 212 and it's blower.

I took this pic to show you what the PO did to the auger. Musta hit some huge rocks or concrete me thinks.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Yeah.. Rusty's weren't as bad, seems the PO spread the bent blades out more evenly over the whole auger :hug:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Not sure which you mean, These are the shoes ( 3 bolt on the sides of the blower) BTW that's broken not worn, That must have been one tough NH driveway the PO had. :00000060:
Also there is reversible scraping blade across the whole bottom front, with out that you can kiss the bucket good bye!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Maybe you can see them on the finish product better.
FYI... You don't HAVE to have the reinforcement plate, ( You can just see it going up from the scraper to the chute, @ the paddles, but it saves a lot of wear and tear !! ) $25.00 buck from JD

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahahaha...most of the time I don't know what I mean either. And this is one of those times. Your pic showed me.

I have those things, what I called skid plates, probably not the correct term since you didn't understand it, but they're the thingys to which I referred.

Here's a pic of mine ... and comparing it to yours I now know what the difference it...mine have a hole in them. I originally thought something fit into that oval hole.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
If you don't replace them NOW you better learn to weld !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
yup replace the skid shoes, they are pretty inexpensive, and take Katts tip about rotating the scrapper bar. (I didn't learn that one until I removed the old to put on the new, and saw the "other" edge was still like new!)

FWIW - easier to just hit the scrapper bar bolts with a chisel and a hammer and replace them than to try to losen with wrenches.

I use a long adjustable wrench (crescent for the old guys) to take out the kinks in the auger, works amazingly well!

I to was amazed the first time I engaged the blower, not sure why but I thought it would shake and rattle the **** out of the machine, but they run smooth as silk! Mine makes less noise and vibration than the mower deck...

best of luck with the blower!

I say: "bring it on...!"

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the late reply Katt....my best friend of 30 odd years was just over...he lost his wife of 47 years 2 weeks ago and still is having a hard time over his loss.

So....

One thing I learned today earlier...the same thingies that hold up the deck to the level you want will hold up the snow blower. And since we have a flat driveway, perhaps I don't need the skid thingies.

Oh, and I do know how to weld. Unless you mean "weld so the parts actually stay together" .... then I'm in trouble. :)

Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup replace the skid shoes, they are pretty inexpensive, and take Katts tip about rotating the scrapper bar. (I didn't learn that one until I removed the old to put on the new, and saw the "other" edge was still like new!)

FWIW - easier to just hit the scrapper bar bolts with a chisel and a hammer and replace them than to try to losen with wrenches.

I use a long adjustable wrench (crescent for the old guys) to take out the kinks in the auger, works amazingly well!

I to was amazed the first time I engaged the blower, not sure why but I thought it would shake and rattle the **** out of the machine, but they run smooth as silk! Mine makes less noise and vibration than the mower deck...
I don't know what a scrapper bar is. Is that the thingy that the blower rests on the ground? Or isn't supposed to rest of the ground I guess. I do know what the crescent wrench is though...lol. We old'uns gotta stick together.

As I said...this blower is so smooth...I really don't want to "fix" it. I'm very familiar with fixing something until I break it.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
:sorry1: to here that. It's going to take a lot more than a couple of weeks !!
Glad you could be there for him :fing32:

That is why I posted the finished picture.......
The scraper bare is the black bar that runs the whole length.
How low it is to your driveway surface, is adjusted by the ( shoes ) that is why they are mounted in an oval hole.
ALSO you need the shoes because the blower sheet metal itself will run on the asphalt and wear right through in very short order ( that is why you would need to weld the holes in it) The shoes, like the ones on your feet, are meant to wear out and be replaced ( like the well worn ones in YOUR pic.).

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:sorry1: to here that. It's going to take a lot more than a couple of weeks !!
Glad you could be there for him :fing32:

That is why I posted the finished picture.......
The scraper bare is the black bar that runs the whole length.
How low it is to your driveway surface, is adjusted by the ( shoes ) that is why they are mounted in an oval hole.
ALSO you need the shoes because the blower sheet metal itself will run on the asphalt and wear right through in very short order ( that is why you would need to weld the holes in it) The shoes, like the ones on your feet, are meant to wear out and be replaced ( like the well worn ones in YOUR pic.).
Nice explanation ... thanks. I'll get some new ones then.

Nice looking blower

BUT is that the nose of a GN or even a GNX I see?
Yep...GN. A 34,000 mile one that I ruined by turning it into a race car. And in the background right side is a T-Type. It's my favorite .... ran a 9.98 and still has air, stereo, and stock interior. I've lost interest in racing and now drive a Prius....lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts