My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New 2 u
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting together a '72 128 and I am having trouble finding the right belt for the PTO/Deck. The IH part number is IH 489397-R3 which by a chart that I found is 3/8 x 75. I went and bought one but it seems to be way too short. The belt they sold me was a Dayco Lawn and Garden L475 48 x 750. Anybody run into this?:thanku:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a 1/2 by 81 laying around, so i tried it on my 123, which calls for a 3/8x81 would not go on well at all, no matter how much i loosened the mule drive, but it did ggo on, kept throwing it, so i purchased the correct size and no problems since. If yours calls for a 3/8x75 and that is infact what u took off of it , i cant see why it would not go back on, unless ur mule drive pulleys need to be loosened.

·
Registered
147 Posts
are u sure it isnt supposed to be an 81" belt ? 38 or 42" or 48" deck? what i have found actually says for a 128, is 3/8x 78, would that seem to fit, being 3" differance?

·
Lawnboy
93 Posts
I done the same thing with my 125, got belt at auto part dealer trying to save a buck was short plus it would throw it off, got one from a cub dealer, end of problem ,they are narrower than most belts.

·
Registered
443 Posts
IH belts have a different profile than auto belts. Just wasting your money buying them..If you compare them the difference will be obvious. Been there and done that..

It was getting hard to find belts for my 1250 so I broke down and got a new GT2542..The 1250 cut much better..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts