My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to look at a 54 Blade in the morning and I have to work tonight. So another dumb question...when I remove the Deck I take it that the Tensioner/Mule Drive stays out to put the Blade on?:howdy:

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
You'll have a hard time keeping the mule drive on without the deck, Sonny, so yes, it comes off when the blade goes on.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Drake!:trink40:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does the answer vary with the model? I took the deck (& drive) off of my 318 to put on the 4 way blade and then realized that it looked like could have left the deck on. Then thought it made sense to have taken it off anyway rather than drag the deck around while moving some dirt around.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Does the answer vary with the model? I took the deck (& drive) off of my 318 to put on the 4 way blade and then realized that it looked like could have left the deck on. Then thought it made sense to have taken it off anyway rather than drag the deck around while moving some dirt around.
You can leave the deck and mule drive on, Tom, but then you're going to have the deck going up and down when you angle the blade (unless of course you have installed the optional deck transport latch kit). Great recipe for trashing your deck, IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts