My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
A little followup: My local NAPA store had to order one, but my belt came in this morning at a cost of $26 plus tax. I've yet to pick it up, but I'll get it first of the week. I'm just not making a special trip for it.

Oh, the A124 part number is correct. That belt is 1/2" wide x 126" long.

I have the 40" "kidney" mower, model #25120. According to the parts list, the belt number is 25129, which comes up as a 1/2x76" belt from sellers. But I have been unable to make a 76" belt go on; I have had to use a 78". Has anyone else run into this?

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I have the 40" "kidney" mower, model #25120. According to the parts list, the belt number is 25129, which comes up as a 1/2x76" belt from sellers. But I have been unable to make a 76" belt go on; I have had to use a 78". Has anyone else run into this?
How is the 78" working for you? I have two kidney decks and need to get a spare to put on the wall for that Sunday afternoon that is bound to happen eventually.

How is the 78" working for you? I have two kidney decks and need to get a spare to put on the wall for that Sunday afternoon that is bound to happen eventually.
The 78 has been fine. It was just curious to me that I needed to use a longer belt in order to get it on. As far as I could see, all parts are stock, and I expected the stock size to fit. I suppose I could say "your results may vary", but standardized, mass-produced parts are not supposed to.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.