My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking as I read another recent post, why don't we have a common thread with all Gravely attachment belt sizes in one spot. If we come up with 40" Three Blade, 50" Three Blade, 60" Three Blade, 72" Three Blade, 40" Commercial, 40" Kidney, Reel Mower, L/C fan belt, and anything else I missed. Maybe when we compile them all, a moderator can clip them all, move to the top of the post and sticky it. Just a thought. I could be very helpful on a Saturday afternoon if you need a belt ASAP. I know finding someone that will measure a belt these days is getting tougher, at least for me!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Good idea. I was looking through the manuals for the decks on oldgravelys.net and on most of them the belts are listed as "Belt, Vee". That's really helpful...not.

Here's the size for the 50 inch center mount deck:
1/2 x 5/16 x 126.3

Top-Hat 50 inch takes a 46" and a 51" belt.

Looks like the 40 inch commercial deck and the 42 inch walk-behind decks both use 37.5 inch belts. (2 on the commercial) However, I saw one list that had an 89.5 inch listed for the 42 inch deck. Seems long.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
It is a good idea, just like bearing cross references and so on.

Personally, since I only have one tractor, I have always purchased genuine GRAVELY belts and always keep a spare. For me that's only two belts, the mower deck and the bagger vacuum.

The one time I tried to use an aftermarket belt on the vacuum, it simply did not work correctly - nothing they had was really the right size.

Considering that in nearly 17 years, I have only put two belts on my deck and two on the vacuum, keeping the two spares in like a hedge against both inflation and inconvienence.

With the rising cost of GRAVELY parts and the prospect of them becoming hard to get, I am building an inventory of anything I have already replaced and other known wear parts.

But then again, my goal is simply to keep this one tractor in top condition for as long as possible - hopefully the rest of my life.

Sheldon

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I'd be interested in some of the x-ref information as well. I use a cogged belt made by Goodyear I believe on both the 50" and 60" MMMs. Has exceeded my expectations.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
It is a good idea, just like bearing cross references and so on.

Personally, since I only have one tractor, I have always purchased genuine GRAVELY belts and always keep a spare. For me that's only two belts, the mower deck and the bagger vacuum.

The one time I tried to use an aftermarket belt on the vacuum, it simply did not work correctly - nothing they had was really the right size.

Considering that in nearly 17 years, I have only put two belts on my deck and two on the vacuum, keeping the two spares in like a hedge against both inflation and inconvienence.

With the rising cost of GRAVELY parts and the prospect of them becoming hard to get, I am building an inventory of anything I have already replaced and other known wear parts.

But then again, my goal is simply to keep this one tractor in top condition for as long as possible - hopefully the rest of my life.

Sheldon
Just be sure to take it for a good romp in the garden dirt with the rear tiller before then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been following this thread hoping someone would have the sizes for the 60" rotary rider mower deck. The operators manual I have for it says part number 37999. The belts are 31383 and 31369 for their parts numbers. I've been trying to track down sizes for them but have only found one source for each at 1/2"x117" for the 31383, and 1/2"x127.125" for the 31369. Could anyone confirm these sizes? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
Just be sure to take it for a good romp in the garden dirt with the rear tiller before then.
Red Rider,

Not sure how I missed this post back in April, and not completely sure I get your meaning - But it is beyond unlikely that my tractor will ever see a garden or a rear tiller while I own it. I don't own a tiller, or a liftable hitch - and they are not on my wish list.

My tractor is a pampered suburbanite who lives on one manicured acre in what was the downtown heart of the rural village of Forest Hill, MD before Bel Air suburbia swallowed it whole.

It has three jobs, OK maybe four - cut the grass, plow the snow, rarely move some flower garden supplies around with the cart, and pull the grand children around in th cart.

It has never spent the night out doors, it has never been rained/snowed on except while plowing snow, It has never been left muddy over night, and its only even been "muddy" two or three times in 16 years.

It use to pick up a lot leaves in the fall, but all the 100 plus year old trees around our 111 year old house reached the end of their lives.

I told my wife when I bought the tractor it would be the only one we would ever have to buy. She laughed then, she believes now.

Sheldon

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
Been following this thread hoping someone would have the sizes for the 60" rotary rider mower deck. The operators manual I have for it says part number 37999. The belts are 31383 and 31369 for their parts numbers. I've been trying to track down sizes for them but have only found one source for each at 1/2"x117" for the 31383, and 1/2"x127.125" for the 31369. Could anyone confirm these sizes? Thank you.

127.125"? A belt of 127" long will stretch at least .125" by putting it on and running it for 5 minutes. I would say a common A125 would fit just fine.

1/2" x 117 inch belt would be an A115.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A115-Industrial-Grade-V-Belt-1-2-Wide-x-117-Long-/150634019579

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I do not believe anyone mentioned the size of the belt for a 24G with a 72" deck. :dunno:

I have been running mine well over 10 years and it was used when I got it!! :praying:

So instead of :praying: maybe I should replace it!! :drunkie:

·
Registered
5 Posts
127.125"? A belt of 127" long will stretch at least .125" by putting it on and running it for 5 minutes. I would say a common A125 would fit just fine.

1/2" x 117 inch belt would be an A115.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A115-Industrial-Grade-V-Belt-1-2-Wide-x-117-Long-/150634019579
Thank you. I wasn't really worried about the .125 (and yeah that seemed strange to me as well, it was quoted on a site with comparisons (not sure if I can link yet, haven't tried)). I just wanted to make sure those were the right sizes so I wasn't buying belts that wouldn't fit.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The belts are 31383 and 31369 for their parts numbers. I've been trying to track down sizes for them but have only found one source for each at 1/2"x117" for the 31383, and 1/2"x127.125" for the 31369.
I could not see where I could edit a previous post so I'm quoting the information and wanted to let you all know that this information was not entirely correct. I have spoken with Ariens (btw they are very quick to reply online, and extremely helpful). Here is their information on these two belts.

31383, new part #: 07219700, size: 70.375 long x 5/8" wide (I ignored the .375 on my deck when picking out a belt).

31369, new part #: 072196, size: 127" long x 1/2" wide

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
yamato72:2294452 said:
The 50" deck takes a NAPA A124
Just bump this thread back up with a bit of updated info, the Gates number is 6560. It is listed as a 1/2" x 126 1/8" belt. I know the IPL says 126.3" but I'm going to try it if I can find one and update here with results. I'll also stick this thread this evening when I get onto my PC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
an A70 looks like a fit for the rear blower setup for the G series tractor.. (I measured 73" on an old one, the A70 is 72")

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
an A70 looks like a fit for the rear blower setup for the G series tractor.. (I measured 73" on an old one, the A70 is 72")
I don't remember what size or number it was, but tried a non GRAVELY belt on my rear blower years ago - that belt never did work right, the unit would not clutch on and off properly.

A new GRAVELY belt worked great and is still on there.

Sheldon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts