My Tractor Forum banner

Belt Sizes

22K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  bookman 
#1 ·
Was thinking as I read another recent post, why don't we have a common thread with all Gravely attachment belt sizes in one spot. If we come up with 40" Three Blade, 50" Three Blade, 60" Three Blade, 72" Three Blade, 40" Commercial, 40" Kidney, Reel Mower, L/C fan belt, and anything else I missed. Maybe when we compile them all, a moderator can clip them all, move to the top of the post and sticky it. Just a thought. I could be very helpful on a Saturday afternoon if you need a belt ASAP. I know finding someone that will measure a belt these days is getting tougher, at least for me!

#2 ·
Good idea. I was looking through the manuals for the decks on oldgravelys.net and on most of them the belts are listed as "Belt, Vee". That's really helpful...not.

Here's the size for the 50 inch center mount deck:
1/2 x 5/16 x 126.3

Top-Hat 50 inch takes a 46" and a 51" belt.

Looks like the 40 inch commercial deck and the 42 inch walk-behind decks both use 37.5 inch belts. (2 on the commercial) However, I saw one list that had an 89.5 inch listed for the 42 inch deck. Seems long.

#3 ·
It is a good idea, just like bearing cross references and so on.

Personally, since I only have one tractor, I have always purchased genuine GRAVELY belts and always keep a spare. For me that's only two belts, the mower deck and the bagger vacuum.

The one time I tried to use an aftermarket belt on the vacuum, it simply did not work correctly - nothing they had was really the right size.

Considering that in nearly 17 years, I have only put two belts on my deck and two on the vacuum, keeping the two spares in like a hedge against both inflation and inconvienence.

With the rising cost of GRAVELY parts and the prospect of them becoming hard to get, I am building an inventory of anything I have already replaced and other known wear parts.

But then again, my goal is simply to keep this one tractor in top condition for as long as possible - hopefully the rest of my life.

Sheldon

#6 ·
Just be sure to take it for a good romp in the garden dirt with the rear tiller before then.

#5 ·
I'd be interested in some of the x-ref information as well. I use a cogged belt made by Goodyear I believe on both the 50" and 60" MMMs. Has exceeded my expectations.

#8 ·
Been following this thread hoping someone would have the sizes for the 60" rotary rider mower deck. The operators manual I have for it says part number 37999. The belts are 31383 and 31369 for their parts numbers. I've been trying to track down sizes for them but have only found one source for each at 1/2"x117" for the 31383, and 1/2"x127.125" for the 31369. Could anyone confirm these sizes? Thank you.

#10 ·
#13 ·
#17 ·
#18 ·
yamato72:2294452 said:
The 50" deck takes a NAPA A124
Just bump this thread back up with a bit of updated info, the Gates number is 6560. It is listed as a 1/2" x 126 1/8" belt. I know the IPL says 126.3" but I'm going to try it if I can find one and update here with results. I'll also stick this thread this evening when I get onto my PC.

#21 ·
A little followup: My local NAPA store had to order one, but my belt came in this morning at a cost of $26 plus tax. I've yet to pick it up, but I'll get it first of the week. I'm just not making a special trip for it.

Oh, the A124 part number is correct. That belt is 1/2" wide x 126" long.

#23 ·
I have the 40" "kidney" mower, model #25120. According to the parts list, the belt number is 25129, which comes up as a 1/2x76" belt from sellers. But I have been unable to make a 76" belt go on; I have had to use a 78". Has anyone else run into this?

#24 ·
How is the 78" working for you? I have two kidney decks and need to get a spare to put on the wall for that Sunday afternoon that is bound to happen eventually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.