My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a x300 (2013?)JD riding lawn mower and can someone give me the deck belt size, part number for a 42 inch? I've ordered the wrong one that said it'd fit but is too small.

·
Rich
2010 Deere X300 42 deck
493 Posts
I have the 2010 X300 with 42 inch deck and used this one V Belt – Mower deck M154621 $52.79
Went to Deere dealer with my serial numbers and they looked it up for correct fit.

Reactions: mpreiss

·
Super Moderator
43,386 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I put on the correct belt and I sharpened the blades some but now the cut is horrible with the drivers side ok but the right side not cutting grass well at all. ggggrrrr!!!! any ideas where I went wrong? wrong bevel on sharpening? belt not on correct?

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,132 Posts
If one blade is cutting OK it makes the belt the less likely culprit. Maybe swap the blades and see if the bad cut moves to the other side?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If one blade is cutting OK it makes the belt the less likely culprit. Maybe swap the blades and see if the bad cut moves to the other side?
Yeah is possible but why would one blade cut so much worse now? I slightly sharpened each of the blades the same. You know the bad cut I'm talking about, it just kind of swirls the grass but doesn't really cut it cleanly. I'm almost just ready to trade it in for a new one. Thanks for the reply, I'll take a good look at it when I get a chance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe double check that both blades have the same orientation (ie, that one isn't upside down)?
Thanks for your reply...No I just did a little filing on the blades while still attached. I think I read to be careful sharpening the blades as they have a certain bevel/cut that if it gets changes will not cut well but I don't think I did that. It's really kinda strange as all I really did was put a new belt on. I have not had time to take a good look at it but soon I will. Thanks

·
Registered
968 Posts
If the blades didn't come off the deck then that takes me back to the belt, in particular the routing of it. It's not easy because the manual usually doesn't have very good pictures, but I'd look carefully to make sure that the way the belt is routed on the deck matches what they show in the manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If the blades didn't come off the deck then that takes me back to the belt, in particular the routing of it. It's not easy because the manual usually doesn't have very good pictures, but I'd look carefully to make sure that the way the belt is routed on the deck matches what they show in the manual.
I agree, I'm almost sure it's gotta be that i put the belt on incorrectly, I'll find out soon. Thanks for your input.

·
Rich
2010 Deere X300 42 deck
493 Posts
I was afraid when I took the deck off all the time that I wouldn't get it back on. So I found this picture of the belt routing. I also took a picture on mine.
Wheel Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive tire Rim

Photograph Product Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

1 - 14 of 14 Posts