My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a recommendation for a close color match to the 60's Bermuda beige/sand mower decks. I've got three of them to do, but would like some input on how close the powder coat colors are to the correct color.

·
5,206 Posts
I am pretty sure Lawnboy77 has the correct code for the beige. Hopefully he will be along shortly with the info. Bill

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,783 Posts
I don't know the code, but let me call the powdercoat shop tomorrow and ask that question. They did my late 60s Lawnboy edger model 1013 and I don't remember a code number. His catalogue just has names, not number codes like with conventional paints. I have a 1969 NOS Beige (Bermuda Sand) shroud that we used to match up the color and it was a near perfect match. Actually better than the custom PPG paint I had mixed. The owner of the shop said that Beige is very popular these days, so there should be plenty in stock. No need to special order like what I go through on the "Grabber Green".

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,783 Posts
I don't know the code, but let me call the powdercoat shop tomorrow and ask that question. They did my late 60s Lawnboy edger model 1013 and I don't remember a code number. His catalogue just has names, not number codes like with conventional paints. I have a 1969 NOS Beige (Bermuda Sand) shroud that we used to match up the color and it was a near perfect match. Actually better than the custom PPG paint I had mixed. The owner of the shop said that Beige is very popular these days, so there should be plenty in stock. No need to special order like what I go through on the "Grabber Green".
Just now noticed that I didn't get back to this thread with the answer on that Biege powder coat color name. The Lawnboy late 60s bermuda sand color crosses over to a powder coat color of "Camel Tan", made by PPG. This is all you get with Powder coating just a name, there is no color coding like with paints according to the guys down at the local shop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks! I still haven't had time to get the parts to the coater, nor have I gotten a 'reasonable' price quote. Last one I got was $600+ for 3 decks

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,783 Posts
Awesome, thanks! I still haven't had time to get the parts to the coater, nor have I gotten a 'reasonable' price quote. Last one I got was $600+ for 3 decks
Wow! That's crazy expensive compared to the shop down here. It's been about 4 years since I last had something coated by those guys, but it was my late 60s edger and it was around 125, but the mower decks were around 90 bucks each, with a shroud or two thrown in. Their rates have probably gone up a bit since then. The grabber green that they use is special order for them. It appears that I'm the only customer down here that is a Lawnboy nut, so no grabber green project down here, but me. LOL One thing about it, they always remember me when I call, or come by because of the unusual colored mowers that I collect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts