My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer I am taking the classes for a motorcycle license and I was wondering whats a good starter bike for me. Something with not too much power but also not a moped lol.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,101 Posts
farmallmaniac said:
This summer I am taking the classes for a motorcycle license and I was wondering whats a good starter bike for me. Something with not too much power but also not a moped lol.
What kind of price range are you looking at?

Durwood

·
Super Moderator
32,064 Posts
An old Honda CB, the old Suzuki GS's and others also. Keep it under 650 at first, the more standerd the better.

I have an old Suzuki GS650 that would be perfict for someone starting out. Easy to drive, enough power that you will not be board in a few months, but not to much that you get in trubble.

·
Anything With Wheels
9,834 Posts
Your right Paul...I started with a Honda 305 Superhawk and graduated to a Triumph 640 Bonneville. I had the rocket sprocket so if you got bored..put it on and hold on :D

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price range would be a couple thousand probably up to 3000 if I can get one that cheap... Paul you have a picture of the bike?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honda Shadow 750 was what I took my test on way back when. Very maneuverable at low speeds which is what you will want for test taking. I'm not sure how they test in your area but back when I took mine you had to do some slalom and starting and stopping precision exercises. I imagine a shadow is within your budget. Good luck on the test and remember to keep the shiny side UP.

Regards,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts