My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a curb at the end of my driveway. The road is chip sealed (gravel in tar on asphalt). I use my rear blade to clean out the curb and to move anything on the street that might have salt in it. But as I go over the curb the bottom of the blower bottoms out on the gravel surface. I would guess that the uneven-ness and size of the gravel is scraping the bottom of the blower. Has anyone coated the bottom side of their blower with bedliner material? I have a concrete driveway and really don't want to lower the skid shoes. Bedliner seems like a cheap solution to decrease wear on the blower housing.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
bottom side of the blower??

the bottom of my blower is only the scrapper bar, the rest of the blower is about an inch higher?

You can add anything you want (it will all scrape off anyway) but some scrapes to the blower are all part of the use of the blower, clean and paint any bare metal in the spring and you will get 30+ years from the blower...

Skid shoes are to prevent the scraper bar from tearing up the pavement (concrete in your case) You can get plastic skid shoes too???

·
Registered
859 Posts
you could buy some rubber material and attach them to the skid shoes. I'm thinking the same thing people use at the edge of their blade where it makes contact with the pavement/concrete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.