My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Once again a Super Member
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had it now for more than a month and I have used for about 15 hours. It is a very impressive with it performance. It cost $3009.00 so before I went out and bought it I did a lot of research on all the major brands. The one thing don’t like about is that it discharge chute is on the bottom, I can buy a 360 degree top discharge two speed blower but at a price of $1670.00 I can do a whole lot of shoveling!
It does have reversible blades, and it has a very heavy flywheel, which is a must if you don’t want to stress your PTO assembly. I have yet had to replace the blades but it very easy access to them. It is great for the disposal of cedar trees (central Texas weeds) and I have more than enough of those water stealing weeds. For a 4 inch in diameter piece of wood in chips it up about a second a foot! It is also potentially the most dangerous piece of equipment I own, you can lose a finger or hand in a blink of an eye.
I have had no trouble getting rid of the mulch this time of year (I should be selling but I am giving it away to my friends). I highly recommend this chipper it has a branch chute and a gravity feed top leaf chute for chipping and mulching! It nice not having to burn everything and wait for the fire to go out. I still have flashbacks to the movie “Fargo” --- Is that you friend you putting in chipper is it?---

I have included a before and after shots of an area that took 6 hours to clear and the mulch it made. I did keep some cedars fo fence post.
Do you see the Chevy in the first photo?

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
I remember when you were doing the research.....told ya' you'd like it. :fing02:

Bearcat is THE chipper whether PTO or engine driven. We just got in a Bearcat 8" hydraulic feed w/24hp Honda being delivered to a local tree service. Really nice chipper....little more than 3k though.It is nice to know that the quality in the big chippers is in their smaller ones.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Looks like excellent mulch too ! nice and small and you have that nice cedar
It runs about $18-20 per yard around here....

Whats the PTO requirements for that?

Duc

·
Once again a Super Member
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neil it was you advise that made spend the $500 extra and get the BearCat. You’re an equipment dealer that share your opinion with me here on are forum on what great product Caray produced and you made no commission on the sale.

Sure I could have gone cheap with a Chinese wood chipper for half the price, but there no support and also came across one that the flywheel broke in the 3 pieces and at 2300 rpm flywheel confetti flew and luckily didn’t kill or injury.

Neil you steered me good :fing02:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts