My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

We found this useful forum back when we lived in France and kept our "Frankenstein" MTD riders running over rough terrain. We left them when we sold out and moved home to Texas. I haven't been in this forum for a few years so here's a shout to any other Texans near Burnet. I see a new look, and hope that doesn't mean sellout to some icky corporate overlord.

Now we have a JD L130 and a 48" Hustler zero turn. A lot more acreage to mow here! Both machines were free to us but needed deferred maintenance. Right now the Hustler (made in USA 1990s) is getting its hydro-static service with a new filter and switch from dino 20w-50 to synth 10w-30 oil. We never mow in the heat of the day anyway, due to fire risk.

My sons and I all wrench so we're looking forward to sharing knowledge with y'all again.

·
Super Moderator
35,289 Posts
Welcome back, and yes the new look is due to the site being bought by VerticalScope LLC in Canada. Now that we have that out of the way the moderating staff are all still members of the forum and we still run it as much as possible as it used to be. Here's some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's nothing quite as helpful to the free exchange of tips, ideas and info between like-minded handymen as a legion of grim corporate accountants and lawyers in ties who know or care not about the subject matter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody know how to edit one's sig file? Mine's out of date.

·
Super Moderator
9,373 Posts
It is quite easy...click on your avatar at the top right of the page ...that will give you access to all kinds of stuff....click on account settings...you will see a bunch of options on the left side of the page...click on signature

·
Registered
149 Posts
I made my account in 2013 (I Think) and totally got busy with work/life/kids and forgot I had made it until I had a few questions.. glad I "reactivated" it so to speak. Welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts