My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my BBC LB model 7271 is impossible to push! it seems like the wheels need grease or its so heavy that it sinks in the ground as it s mowing.are your BBC push lawn boys harder to push than the other models?

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
Eat more veggies! Can't answer as the only models I've dealt with or own like my 10591 is self propelled.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
I have an 8291 with BBC, I got a couple weeks ago for next to nothing. It runs great and seems fairly easy to push although it has capstan self propel, but I think I push it more than I use the self propel. I have been using it as my main trimmer, its also a great mulcher. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
BBC only adds a few pounds, its not like it adds 50 pounds do the mower. If you can, lift the mower on its side, and try to spin the wheels.... Do they spin freely?

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
I only saw one guy having a hard time using a push mower, turned out the blade where on backwards. That was like trying to mow with a 2 by 4 in place of the blade. The really funny thing was he`d been doing it like that all summer long. I had tears running down my cheeks I was laughing so hard.....that was funny. I flipped the blade for him and what a surprised look on his face, he looked at me, like I had invented the wheel........

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgot to mention this LB is not self propelled and the wheels pin freely,ill grease them up and see what happnds

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
forgot to mention this LB is not self propelled and the wheels pin freely,ill grease them up and see what happnds
Not making fun of you, but did you check the blade, no insult intended.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol no offense taken ( i find it funny) but i know thats on right because the grass discharges nicely,ive had a good experience with a upside down blade.somthing tells me its just the weight of the mower...and me being weak.im getting spoiled by the mag deck lawnboys again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts