My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an TG1860 Diesel. When it sets for a long time(2 weeks) I have to jump it off. When I get thru using it(about 1 hr),I have to jump it off again. Sometimes it will start and sometimes I have to jump it off. Could the battery have a "dead" cell or is it the starter? Thanks:thanku:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I can't tell from your description whether it's your alternator, or your battery. In either case, pull both the battery and the alternator. Take them to a local autoparts store, and they will be able to test them, and tell you if the battery is bad, or if the alternator is working. Of course, they will be more than happy to sell you any part you need.

steve

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,573 Posts
I can't tell from your description whether it's your alternator, or your battery. In either case, pull both the battery and the alternator. Take them to a local autoparts store, and they will be able to test them, and tell you if the battery is bad, or if the alternator is working. Of course, they will be more than happy to sell you any part you need.

steve
:ditto::ditto:

How old is the battery ??

·
Administrator
21,841 Posts
Have you got a Multi-Meter that you could use to test the voltage in the battery, both before starting, while running, and after shutting off?

What are the symptoms, just slow crank or the solenoid clicking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts