My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put a battery powered pump, into my Two Gallon or Five gallon plastic (HDPE) Bug Spray container.

Have any of you seen that? Or made one up for your self?

It's an Idea, but I'm not always the 1st guy to get these dreams.
C'mon back and I'll see if my Wife will be pleased with me....for a change!:thanku:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was sorting out some old gardening magazines (NO DEAR I AM KEEPING THEM FOREVER) and in the August 2006 Growing for Market magazine there was an article on a battery powered sprayer. www.rocketspray.com, still a good website 5 gallon backpack or cart sprayer.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
http://dx.com/p/0142ya-12-60-plastic-micro-motor-driven-diaphragm-pump-black-265535

These are getting pretty common and you should be able to find them on Amazon as well (expect 3 weeks from dx.com). It's not a submersible pump. The rating would be closer to 40 psi at 1 gpm. Just needs up to 12V power.

This is comparable to the rocketspray but smaller and less expensive (and assuredly "cheaper"). Both units will have an adjustable pressure switch in the head; it will cycle on and off to maintain pressure, or from the perspective of your sprayer, as soon as you squeeze your wand trigger it will turn on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts