My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I hope this question hasn't been asked and answered. I did a search but did not find any applicable posts.

The battery discharge light came is lit on my LX 188. The tractor starts and runs fine, but the light stayed on the whole time I mowed.

I figured the battery was dying, so I went ahead and replaced it. However, the battery discharge light came on again immediately, and stayed on even though I ran the tractor for a while.

So, now I'm stumped. Anyone have any idea what's going on with this situation?

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The discharge light means the charging system is not working. On the LX188, the charging system consists of magnets in the flywheel, a stator coil under the flywheel, and a regulator/rectifier. Any one of these three items could be bad or wiring between the stator and regulator could be broken or unhooked.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Just how big is a LX188? LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The discharge light means the charging system is not working. On the LX188, the charging system consists of magnets in the flywheel, a stator coil under the flywheel, and a regulator/rectifier. Any one of these three items could be bad or wiring between the stator and regulator could be broken or unhooked.
Thanks. None of those things sound good. Looks like I'll have to have my local JD dealer take a look at it and then wait to see how much they're going to gouge me. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts