My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went with friends yesterday to the Bashakill Winery for a relaxing afternoon after closing the pool & getting other projects done around the house.
It is right across from the Bashakill Wildlife Management Area & not far from Mike's (Newsman) place in Howells. As we were leaving I snapped a picture. Water is quite high from all the rain we've had.

It was taken with my cell phone & I am in no way a photographer but wanted to share.

Attachments

·
We're all friends here
13,848 Posts
One good thing about NY is the abundance of wildlife management areas and nature trails. It doesn't hurt to have a winery nearby. :tango_face_wink:
Thanks for the pic, John.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One good thing about NY is the abundance of wildlife management areas and nature trails. It doesn't hurt to have a winery nearby. :tango_face_wink:
Thanks for the pic, John.
Yes there are quite a few around for hiking, photography & getting out and enjoying nature in general.

The winery across the street was an extra benefit and our main stop. I'm not a wine drinker but they did have some locale beers that were pretty good.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty cool. How far off 84 is it? Doesnt look like a bad drive for me.
If I remember correctly about where you're coming from, it might be better for you to take 209 from Kingston. Probably slower, but nicer ride this time of year. Big circle is the Wildlife Management Area and small circle is the winery & boat launch.
The winery , hiking trail & boat launch are on the south side of the Bashakill. From 209, turn left onto Haven Rd., then right onto S Rd.(name on google maps).

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,822 Posts
The Bashakill is a real nice spot and about five miles from us. . We use to do a lot of canoeing / fishing there. Always hoped to hook a "prehistoric" Bowfin but never had the luck. A typical bowfin averages between 18 and 24 inches and can weigh up to 11 pounds. Got lots of chain pickerel and some largemouth bass. Still do a bit of hiking with the dogs along the trails. And as you saw the winery is a really big draw on weekends.
IF ONLY... John, if you had swung past it would have given me an excuse to take a break from bringing in all of the pool floats and umbrellas, (late morning) and splitting and moving firewood. (most of the afternoon) But that's alright cause I figure you were in a hurry to get home and start on your own pile of timber.:tango_face_devil:
MikeC

·
We're all friends here
13,848 Posts
I once caught a bowfin on the St. Lawrence River (Canadian side :tango_face_surprise). Beautiful fish, a good fighter and fun to catch. Then a storm came through, it poured, the river became an ocean and we had to go back across in a 16' bass boat with cargo ships and tankers going in both directions. We could barely see where we were going. :tango_face_sad:
Now back to the original topic. :sorry1:

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IF ONLY... John, if you had swung past it would have given me an excuse to take a break from bringing in all of the pool floats and umbrellas, (late morning) and splitting and moving firewood. (most of the afternoon) But that's alright cause I figure you were in a hurry to get home and start on your own pile of timber.:tango_face_devil:
MikeC
Mike,
We did not get there until after 3 so you should have been done by that point.:tango_face_wink: We were in no hurry to get home, cause we went to Skylands Wine & Beer Garden in Wantage, NJ after that and then picked up pizza in Unionville.

Well, you sure appear to be a photographer with that composition! :tango_face_glasses:
Thank you.

·
Administrator
16,822 Posts
Mike,
We did not get there until after 3 so you should have been done by that point.:tango_face_wink: We were in no hurry to get home, cause we went to Skylands Wine & Beer Garden in Wantage, NJ after that and then picked up pizza in Unionville.
No way. Wife says I can't stop at 3 until I'm 75. Right now it's 5 pm.:tango_face_crying: Can't wait till next Feb cause then it drops to 4 pm.:tango_face_smile:
I didn't know Unionville had a pizza place.:tango_face_grin:
MikeC

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No way. Wife says I can't stop at 3 until I'm 75. Right now it's 5 pm.:tango_face_crying: Can't wait till next Feb cause then it drops to 4 pm.:tango_face_smile:
I didn't know Unionville had a pizza place.:tango_face_grin:
MikeC
Annabelle's right on the main street. Good pizza too!
Do I dare ask age when it drops to 4 pm?
Besides we worked until almost 7 pm on Saturday!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Sorry I just found this thread! It is only a few miles away but I never did much there. Tried to ride the trails on my bike once but Mosquitoes were horrible! I tried photographing for birds other day but not in right spot, nothing really around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts